“Still my favourite place!”
Review of sabai sabai

sabai sabai
Ranked #315 of 2,438 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 33
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Moseley and Kings Heath
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Went for a birthday meal here last night as we have been several times before and always loved it. As usual the restaurant did not disappoint, the service was excellent and the food perfect and piping hot. I had my favourite dish which is the yellow chicken curry with egg fried noodles and couldn’t fault how fragrant, creamy and delicious it was! My partner had the red chicken curry and thoroughly enjoyed it also. We would return here time and time again and actually feel that it’s reasonably priced for the quality that you get. As someone who has visited many parts of Thailand and sampled a lot of their food I cannot recommend Sabai Sabai enough.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Food not authentic - crispy duck salad - I could have done better myself, the only two components apart from lettuce and red onion were duck and hoisin sauce which was straight out of a bottle. Presentation was awful and taste was just bland. The assembled party ordered a variety of different dishes, 4 out of 6 of the plates were barely touched. And just in case of any doubt, everyone who went that night loves Thai food but we were all agreed that this really wasn't good. Also considered expensive, given the quality of the food and the questionable service.
Waitress needs lessons on how to wait on tables - she took the plates randomly to people and if food was not for them, got them to pass it up the table to the correct person!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I am a fan of Sabai Sabai and have eaten at the Harborne branch with great service however my experience at this place was not great. I booked with a 2 hour eating slot which was shortened when I arrived, the staff were rushing for us to order when half of my guests had yet to arrive.....which was before the time of booking. We didn't order starters as we were constantly reminded of the time they needed us out of the door -we paid swiftly and gladly left!

This was a birthday dinner which was not very enjoyable due to how rushed we were. Stick to the Harborne branch, bigger restaurant and better service.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Food is okay, they could reduce the menu size and increase the quality - there is no need for so much choice...it’s not a McDonald’s.
the sharing starter, scallops, squid and a bottle of wine came to £55.30. Nice place to try, but I wouldn’t go again, especially as there are so many other good places around.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I've been here a few times now, as a Moseley local and I have now tried almost every dish I reckon, lol, and its just the best Thai food in Brum - the sister restaurant in Harborne isn't as nice as this one, so I recommend the Moseley Sabi Sabi for a romantic dinner. Its not cheap, and wine is quite pricey too, but well worth a visit for good quality, fresh and super tasty Thai cuisine.