“Good food, poor service”
Review of Tamatanga

Tamatanga
Ranked #82 of 2,536 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 19
Description: Eat.drink.indian. Fun, Funky, Casual, Sociable, Great Value, Great Food, Great Atmosphere. You Just Can't Go Wrong! #tamatanga #eatdrinkindian
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was great, ordered the chaat bombs and garlic chilli chicken. The person serving us on the other hand was incredibly rude. Didn't catch her name but she's East Asian - Chinese maybe. If you hate your job so much, why not just leave?

4  Thank Go14014494818
tamatanga, General Manager at Tamatanga, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for this feedback. Please rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously, fed back to the team and that we will be looking into this further. Many thanks.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

I went with some friends for a meal.prior to the theatre. We went before 6pm and had the daily deal. A curry bowl, nan or rice and a drink. I had the chicken tikka masala and my friend had a Rogan josh both were very delicious. Came out piping hot and nans were light and hot too. Excellent value for money.

Will definitely visit again very soon

2  Thank Ifza
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

I heard about this place a lot from everyone and thought of to give it a try on my wife's birthday. The place is nice, warm, staff's are courteous. But food was underwhelming. We have ordered garlic chicken, prawn chettinad and biriyani for my son. Also Lassi. Lassi is the only item I have liked. The curries were loaded with tomato puree which I am afraid is far away from Indian way of cooking. It taste like salsa. Overall it was a nice experience. Will rate 3/5

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Krishna Jyoti D

Thank you so much for trying us out and we're sorry that you felt we weren't up to your expectations. The chefs in our kitchen are all indian and our recipes are adapted from truly authentic home cooking style recipes, so loading up with tomato puree isn't something that we do. We will definitely be looking into why the food wasn't up to scratch on the day you visited as this is unusual for us and we are proud of the very positive feedback that we often receive on our food. Perhaps you'll try us out again another time? Many thanks.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Quirky place. Lovely curry.
Enjoyed the portion size and it is fairly priced. My one criticism is and this is just me, i was not keen on the grilled food. I tried the fish, prawn lamb chops and chicken. It just didn’t taste as nice as it looked or as i expected either.
But the curry, the starter, the service, was amazing

2  Thank UsmaanSam
Reviewed 5 November 2018

There's a really fun uplifting vibe here, and the staff friendliness and professionalism stands out as well as the well thought out menu

Every time we go everyone has a good time and the atmosphere is always good there. The fun pleasant and friendly approach is a nice contrast to overly formal restaurants without compromising on food quality, it's very very tasty

A very welcome addition to the vibrant Birmingham food scene

Date of visit: August 2018