All reviews easy hotel new street station great location budget hotel train station short stay no window breakfast box one night rooms are small city centre what it says on the tin enjoyed my stay shower gel a great stay air con double room
Reviewed 15 February 2019 via mobile

Easy hotel had good customer service from ILA Friendly staff, all requirement handled appropriately. Toilet and room very clean. Room reasonably good size. Nice colour scheme within room. Good place..

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EasyHotelB1, Guest Relations Manager at EasyHotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2019

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your significant feedback.

Our staff is our greatest asset so we're delighted to hear you found them to be friendly and able to deliver good customer service. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and providing a modern designed base to sleep. We're glad you've enjoyed our centrally located hotel.

Reviewed 14 February 2019

My wife and I selected the Easy Hotel for a one night stayover (for a concert) due to its location and price and consistently excellent TripAdvisor reviews. We were not expecting great luxury but even still found it unnecessarily spartan. On the positive side, the location and cleanliness and staff service were all excellent, and the price reasonable for the location. But we felt that the room itself had taken cost cutting too far for our taste at the expense of comfort. the bed was comfortable and the tiny shower room okay (though with limited privacy, and no extractor fan). But the room had no storage space whatever apart from the floor and the window sill; no cupboard, no wardrobe, no bedside cabinet, not even a chair or desk to put clothes or belongings on. There was also no tea for coffee making facility in the room, nor even a glass for water. the coffee machine in the foyer had an unfathomable user interface (and far too
expensive prices) so we gave up and went out for a drink. The bedroom floor was hard surface, not carpet. I think we had paid extra to have a room with a window; some rooms don't even have that. We were not expecting palatial accommodation, but even still this was disappointing.

Suitable for someone who doesn't want to unpack anything but simply live out of their suitcase or bag.

Also - in typical Easyjet style, you had to pay quite high extra payments if you wanted Wifi, TV, breakfast (delivered in a box), etc. I suppose we should be grateful not to have to pay to flush the loo, run the tap or use a towel.

Personally I might use this again for a one night stay if I had packed light, purely for convenience. My wife will never visit such a place again.

Room tip: Some rooms don't have windows ...
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EasyHotelB1, Guest Relations Manager at EasyHotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2019

Dear Rob E,

Thank you for your significant feedback.

We are pleased you enjoyed our centrally located hotel and especially liked our high standards of cleanliness. That is what we aim for. We pride ourselves on always offering the best value for money and we're glad you picked up on this. Our staff is our greatest asset, so we're happy to hear that they were friendly and helpful during your stay!

Concerning your experience with your room, we would like to inform you that all our bathrooms do have extractor fan.

As we are a super budget hotel, we only provide the basics for a good night sleep which are bed, shower and warmth. We offer the TV and WiFi for a small additional charge to keep our room rates as affordable as possible. We hope this did not cause you any inconvenience while staying with us.

We will be happy to welcome you back soon

Best regards

Hotel management team

Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

I expected the rooms to be basic and small, but they were smaller than I expected.
Rooms were clean, only have one pillow per person, and I think the double bed is on the small size to a standard double bed.
Its strange not having a window in the room, but to pay extra for a window is strange, there are alot of extras to pay for, wifi, windows, tv etc.
Bathroom isnt very private, no door handle, just a big hole! And its very compact.
Check out is 10am, unless you pay extra.
Reception area has a coffee vending machine and the lady that checked us in was very polite.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EasyHotelB1, Guest Relations Manager at EasyHotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2019

Dear vikkimccabe,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We're pleased to hear you have enjoyed our high standards of cleanliness. Our staff is our greatest asset and we're glad to hear they were able to make your stay more enjoyable.

We're disappointed to hear you found our room size to be small. We have tried to maximise the space in order to offer the most competitive price in the area. We offer TV, WiFi and other Add-Ons, at an extra charge so we can keep our rates as low as possible and so you don't end up paying for what you don't need. This way, our guests can tailor their stay according to their budget and needs. However, we do offer extra pillows free of charge at the reception. We apologise if this hasn't been communicated to you. We are sorry to hear you found our bathroom facilities to lack of privacy. We hope it hasn't been too much of an inconvenience to you.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 2 February 2019

I visited Birmingham for an office function, the price of the hotel was very competitive, as a new hotel is it extremely clean and well presented, but rather basic. I had a double room, the bed was ideal for me as a small female, but if sharing with my husband it would have been a tight squeeze and I am not sure how well I would have slept. They provided two medium towels and some shower gel. If you want to watch the TV you have to pay £5 to rent the remote control and £5 to get access to their WI-FI. I didn't need either but worth considering when comparing the price of your stay. There is only two hangers in the room and no table or chair so everything has to go on the floor, which is fine as I was on my own. However as floor space is limited so again it could be tricky if you are sharing the room. I didn't opt for breakfast box at £6.00 as there are loads of restaurants around the corner. The hotel reception staff where extremely helpful, as base to sleep in the centre of Birmingham it is ideal and good value for money, taking into account all the points I raised.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
EasyHotelB1, Guest Relations Manager at EasyHotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2019

Dear Sarah P,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your significant feedback.

We are very pleased that you could appreciate our super budget concept and that the additional costs of add-ons did not cause you any inconvenience.

To keep the brand new easyHotel Birmingham as affordable and pleasant as we can for you, all our rooms come equipped with mirrors, regular and USB plugs, however, we do not have desks/chairs in the rooms.

The room size varies according to the room type and some of the smaller rooms can be a bit cosy. We appreciate our rooms being on the smaller side therefore we keep the furniture in the room minimal to make the most of the space we have. We hope this has not caused you any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2019 via mobile

I found the hotel brilliant and friendly staff room was great and I stayed on floor 3 and very comfortable bed and the I took my own coat hangers about 8 as they don't have a proper wardrobe so I decided to bring my own but a nice clean run budget hotel I will try this one again in Birmingham not far from the railway station so don't knock it until you try it

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
EasyHotelB1, Guest Relations Manager at EasyHotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2019

Dear michaelsJ1938IL,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your significant feedback.

We're pleased to hear you've enjoyed our centrally located hotel, ideal for travel links. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and providing a great comfortable base to sleep.