2,198 results
All reviews an early flight birmingham airport car park an overnight stay next morning short walk comfortable bed one night stay quick check shower room short stay good nights sleep what it says on the tin rooms are small genting arena night's sleep ideal location
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Super hotel 2 mins from the airport. Room was clean, lovely shower, tea/coffee making facilities, tv, hairdryer and comfortable bed. Perfect for an overnight stay before flight. Restaurant was ok for a quick meal and staff were friendly. Would not hesitate to use again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IbisBhxAirport, Front Office Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Jahjmh,

Thank you very much for such a nice review. I will pass your comments to the team as I am sure this will serve as an encouragement to keep improving our services.

We will be very happy to welcome you back at the Ibis Birmigham Airport.

David Terron - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We always stay at Travelodge, which are faultless. So was very very disappointed with this budget Ibis Hotel, which was actually £20 more expensive than the Travelodges? The only reason we stayed here was because of the close proximity to the airport. Just across the road, and 5 minutes walk form the car hire village. The room was so small, you fell over everything especially your suitcases? Shower was dull, separate toilet. Old fashioned, décor dull, no kettles/teas/coffees. Was a hairdryer though?! The only pluses for this hotel were the 24 hour bar and restaurant, the 24 hour reception, and the close proximity to the airport and car parks. Would only stay here again if it was absolutely necessary. Wouldn't recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IbisBhxAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC (new ibis rooms). I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Pau Perez Ubach– Rooms Divisions Manager.
Ibis Birmingham International Airport - NEC

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We stayed here overnight as we were getting an early flight the next morning. Me the Mrs and our 25 year old daughter. We chose to share a room to cut costs. To be honest it does what it says on the tin! Its budget with a big B.
We had a good laugh over it I suppose but on entering the room we realised my daughters bed was a bunk bed over the head of our bed! How we laughed and laughed....until it creaked ominously when she climbed into it!!! Lol
Not a lot of room to move but we only needed a bed for the night not as a base of operations for a major sightseeing tour of Brum!
Cheap and cheerful and handy IDF your working to a budet

Room tip: Book early
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear TheHandofNod

Regards
Pau Perez

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Very good. Accommodation was to standard, breakfast for a good variety and plenty.
We would recommend and would use again
The only issue is if your not using a car you have to have the monorail which is not a problem as it is a short walk from the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Charlie,

hank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Regards
Pau Perez

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while on business. I was not expecting the lap of luxury but my word is this place functionally efficient. There is no reception area just two staff doing mobile check in. Maybe I am old fashioned but I could not see the point of this. We still had to queue and if anything it resulted in an awkward queue that ended up blocking the main entrance. The room was much smaller than I expected, with every bit of space optimised. No wardrobe, a partitioned corner with a rail served this purpose. The bathroom was a pod that appeared to have been added separately to the room and was not quite part of the original room. Having never stayed in an Ibis I was not sure what to expect but was surprised by how basic the room was. There is an ibis budget on the same site and could not help wondering how that compared if this was not considered budget? Despite my initial reservations the room was scrupulously clean which I was most grateful for. Unlike other reviewers I found the mattress uncomfortable struggled to sleep comfortably. Breakfast was mostly self service with a combination continental and hot breakfast offerings. Would I return? Unlikely as it is not my style at all but I guess serves a purpose if you are catching a flight early the next morning.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mai,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I would like to recommend you to have a look at accorhotels.com where you can find all our brands including upscale and luxury brands which might suit better your request.

Pau Perez Ubach– Rooms Divisions Manager.
Ibis Birmingham International Airport - NE