“Very good price!”

Ranked #53 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Mid Wales
“Very good price!”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed here eather side of my holiday as I was flying from Birmingham airport. The hotel was clean and tidy, The check in was swift and easy.
The room
The room was small but fine forone or two nights. It was very clean.
The shower was fantastic! It was very powerful and lovely and warm.
the bed was very comfortable, I did ask for two extra pillows from reception which was no problem.
Breakfast
The breakfast was a continental one. It was very good value for money and there was ample choice. The hot chocolate and coffee was yum. The baguette and coiassonts were very fresh.

Room Tip: If you want to eat the Ibis next door has a lovely restaurant. If staying in the etap you get a 10...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Frederic_Dumont, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Many thanks for posting your positive comments.
I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you again in the very near future.
Frederic Dumont
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Have stayed here twice, the first time was back in April 2012 and the second time in July 2012.
The first time we stayed the receptionist was very pleasant and helpful, we booked a weeks parking (£40) which was conveniently located across the road from the airport and made our homeward bound journey quick and easy.
BUT!!! and it's a big but, the second time we booked, I asked if it was the same deal as our first time and the person I spoke to at the hotel said yes, and as we were travelling with more in our group, we booked two rooms with two lots of parking, only to be told on arrival by the stern, head mistress type receptionist that we were to park in the long stay car park 15 mins walk away. When I asked about the closer car park, I was told "If you want that one, it's £62". I explained about what was said on the phone and she wasn't the slightest bit interested and basically said, like it or lump it.
Also the car park we were booked on was £1 a day cheaper than what the hotel charged us.

The rooms are small, clean and for a one night stay it's fine.
The breakfast is ok for £4 ish, cereal, toast, tea, coffee etc..

Would I stay here again? Definitely 'NOT'. I would rather pay the extra and be treated as a customer rather than cattle.

Room Tip: Stay in the Novotel next door.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to comment.
I am sorry to hear that you didn’t find the service during the 2nd stay at our hotel up to your expectations.
Due to our location at Birmingham Airport, opposite the Terminals, we do not have our own Car Park but we do offer discount with the NCP located around the Hotel. For a 8 nights stay, 2 options are available: the Short & Medium stay located opposite the Hotel at a discounted price of £62.00 (instead of £180.00) OR the Long stay located 15 min walk from the Hotel at a discounted price of £40.00 (instead of £85.00).
As previously discussed, following your comment regarding the issue you had with Car park, I have investigated further and checked your previous bookings in April & July. Both times, the Car Park you had pre booked was quoted at £40.00 and therefore, the NCP to be used was the Long Stay (as mentionned by the Receptionist on arrival). I can only assume that you have parked in the wrong Car Park during you stay in April and luckely managed to exit with the wrong code.
I have passed your feedback regarding the lack of customer service you've received at check in with all the Reception Team in order to avoid any reoccurence. I have also reminded them the importance of directing guests to the correct Car Park on arrival.
I am disappointed to hear that you would not like to stay with us again and hope you will change your mind in the future. I hope that the Car Park cost and procedure is now clearer. The receptionist on duty was only doing was she had been told and didn't mean in any case to offend you.
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stay here every time we fly from Birmingham airport. It is cheap (usually £18 a night) if booked early. It does the job perfectly, each room is ensuite and usually are of a good size. One bonus is that you are allowed to use the bar next door at the IBIS hotel if your staying at the etap.

Overall a comfortable nights stay before I departed early in the morning. Helpful staff, good location (walking distance to the terminal is about 2 minutes). A very convenient place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you very much for your review.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed all your previous stays and that you keep coming back.
We look forward to your next visit.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Having booked 3 rooms we found them to be abit on the small side but very acceptable for 1 night. I had gone down early for a cup of coffee and piece of toast as I was so thirsty as no tea/coffee making facilities in the room.. I then went back down with my partner and was charged £1.40 for a small cup of coffee. I did not find this acceptable as had already paid £4.00+ for breakfast. My fault for not checking....but beware if you leave the breakfast area for any reason and go back you will be charged.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Frederic_Dumont, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Many thanks for your feedback.
I’m sorry and surprised to hear that you had an issue with the Breakfast.
While Breakfast is served, from 4:00am till 10:00am, hot drinks are included. There may have been a misunderstanding with the Receptionist who charged you for your extra coffee as he/she may not have been aware that you had paid for Breakfast.
I have discussed your comments with all the Team in order to avoid any reoccurence.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.