“Good value for money”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I visited the smaller restaurant in Cathay Street in the Arcadian Centre in Birmingham's China Town.

This place offered a two course plus drink lunch time special for under £8 so i took a chance and was not disappointed.

I chose a soda, with Vietnamese spicy pork and stir-fried rice. It was very nice, interesting range of textures and with a gently hum of chilli. A decent sided portion cooked fresh to order. Very nice.

There were four choices of dessert - I went for ice cream and yesterday's variety was chocolate. It was fine.

the place is clean and the staff pleasant enough but don't expect small talk.

I would be happy to return.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We normally go to Cafe Soya II but visited here instead. Awesome food, really great, in fact exceptional special fried rice. Only negative was to tell patrons you can’t pay with card. Otherwise triple yum!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Tried cafe soya after a recommendation .
Whilst the staff were friendly and obliging the food was nothing at all spectacular. Very greasy on one meal and on my husbands it was so dry it stuck to the roof of his mouth. We were so disappointed as our expectations were quite high. Ad much better locally.

Vanessa T, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Soya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Sorry to hear that your visit, was not to your expectation, we usually have very good reviews and satisfied customers, perhaps the dishes ordered on the day was not to your personal taste.

Thankyou again for your time and comments, we look forward to welcoming you back and we would be more than happy to recommend other dishes.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Been in Birmingham on business and stay once a week - beeline for this place - great choices, great food, super vegetarian options, always busy, staff friendly. Can’t recommend highly enough - not a super smart place but casual, mixed and busy

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Came to this Cafe Soya (normally go to the bigger one) for dinner and had to leave as I was being ignored.

Was sat down, given a menu and then left. During our 25 minute wait, two other tables were taken care of and even got their drinks. It was fairly busy at first but then emptied out rather quickly and still nothing.

I stood up to leave (and the waitress looked very surprised at this) & when I told her it had been over 20 minutes, she just gave a meek 'sorry' without even looking at me.

I'm not even local so this was a fairly big event for me to travel to come here.

Never again, I'm afraid. And I wanted to bring my friend here too for a moving house treat. Just glad she didn't come with as I've been banging on about Cafe Soya to her for ages.

Sort the staff out. The rest will follow.