“As good as ever.”

Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "Best of Indian and Balti Cuisine in the Heart of Warwick" BYO - Bring Your Own Beer & Wine Free Delivery Within 3 mile radius. 10% Discount on Collections.
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Must be 3 years at least since last visit as no longer in the area,but it didn't disappoint,not licensed so take your own booze.We were lucky to get in on spec as it looked like the last table upstairs, so probably best to book especially at the weekend.Not only are the curries great but also the accompaniments,garlic naan is delicious and the poppadoms are so moreish.so hard not not to stuff yourself.It's noisy,with staff moving in and out quickly but the atmosphere is good,the service is good and best of all the food is great.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We were briefly in Warwick and had a sudden hankering for an Indian.
No licence so take your own booze didn't scare us as there was a supermarket almost next door and the waiter had a bottle opener.
We had no booking but were found a small table in the window where passers-by could inspect our choices.
Lovely attentive service and a traditional balti menu. We ordered way too much food and had to waddle home.
It was all lovely - even the stuff we had to leave.
The naan was massive, like a small tasty duvet with scorch marks.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I dine out regularly and Asian cuisine is top of my list. A good pointer for me is quality of poppadoms. If you get an over cooked or day before reheated poppadom you know you are going to have problems. I must say the pops were good here. The starters were good. However the main courses of which we ordered a variety of were very bland. We ordered several different dishes that all looked the same. I tasted several and they were all very pasty no natural spices. Powders . A long time before I would return.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

If you are looking for good curry then look no further!
This is by far the most superior restaurant in Warwick and Leamington area.
These are the most flavorsome dishes you will find.
You can see and taste all the fresh ingredients.
No two dishes taste the same.
The portion sizes are huge!! Their normal size naan is twice the size you'll get anywhere else and their table naans are just obscene!
Excellent value for money.
Plus it's a 'bring your own' drinks establishment which means it's even cheaper!
But you do need to watch out because many of their dishes are spicier than you'll get elsewhere so if you don't like your curry too hot then it's worth pointing this out when you order.
This really should be the #1 place to go in the area and I can only think this site is either rigged or all the places listed above have filled in the majority of reviews themselves!

1  Thank Guy R
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We were only staying in Warwick for the one night at the 'Castle Limes' hotel and wanted a meal in the neighbourhood so I went on a fact gathering trip. I came across two indian restaurants that are practically side by side, looked at the trip advisor reviews and decided on the Castle Balti.
I went in at about 6pm to book for later and it was already full (Friday). I asked for a table for two at 7.30 and would they have one near the window? I was told that they were heavily booked bit they would see what they could do....
Turned up and sure enough it was still full but we had a tabe by the window..(first plus point).
The restaurant does not have a license so you bring your own drinks (except for water obviously).
The food was excellent. I do like a really well made curry where you can taste the individual spices and herbs. I like my curries fairly hot but that does not mean that they have to taste of nothing else but fire. Also the portions are....big! We had to have a doggy bag for what was left (to take back home after we left the hotel as we had the fridge in the room).
The restaurant was full and was only thinning towards the end of our meal (about 9.00pm).
Thoroughly recommended