“Lovely cod and chips”
Review of The Chip Shed

The Chip Shed
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chip Shed is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 155 Restaurants in Warwick
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 13
Description: We're passionate about fish and chips and we really love what we do. Our aim is simple - to provide the best tasting, authentic British Fish and Chips. Eat in or Takeaway - we aim to please.
Reviewed 22 October 2018

We were staying in Warwick for the weekend and saw The Chip Shed as we were walking back to the hotel.

Sat down and ordered cod and chips for me and my husband. The food came really quick and was delicious, I only ordered a small portion but was more than enough and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this place to anybody visiting Warwick

Reviewed 20 October 2018

Popped in for a family meal. The cod and chips was superb, lovely flaky fish and crispy chips. Prices are high but quality is very good, and difficult to fault. Prices of drinks cans are however higher than they really should be (£2.50 each). The lack of a card machine is also a real oversight. It is ok for a takeaway, but for a restaurant where meal for a family of 4 is over £50 this is silly and nearly caught us out as not made aware when ordering. Very good food but make sure you come prepared with plenty of cash.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Saw the sign out on the pavement as I drove through Warwick. So struggled to park to get some takeaway food on way home - very surprised that was cash only and unable to order. No cash point in near walking distance so sadly had to leave. Well worth them saying on advertising that is cash only

Dan C, Owner at The Chip Shed, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Hi Matthew.
Really sorry about the cash only situation. We are reviewing this aspect and anticipate an upgrade at some point in the future.
Thank you though for bringing this to our attention and I hope we see you in the future.

All the best
TCS

Reviewed 14 October 2018

I actually wanted to give this place a 4 rating because I dont usually give 5, but am struggling to find any fault.

Staff were very kind and friendly
The decor and general customer area (inc toilets) was fresh, contempory and clean
Fish was crispy and not too oily
Chips were bloody good and equally - un oily
Price was around £10 excluding drink - good price in my opinion.

We went on a Sunday night - I would highly recommend and will be going back again. Thankyou.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We eat take away food from here being local. The fish and chips are outstanding, if pricey, but you get what you pay for.