“nice, clean & helpful even with a dog”

Billesley Manor Hotel
halifax
“nice, clean & helpful even with a dog”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

before i start, would we go back, yes Definitely
we booked billesley manor as they take dogs and as we were placed in the out buildings we expected a room well fit for a dog. we were pleasantly surprised as the room was basic but with everything that was needed, clean and a really good size with no smells or stains from other dogs, (that we could smell anyway our dog had a good sniff about).
the house and grounds are lovely to look at though internally is not our stile its full of wood panel (character i think they call it) as you would expect that sile to have and it makes you want to whisper this is just information not a point.
there is bike hire only needing a deposit, this was a good opportunity to explore the local area which is also nice, all the staff were helpful from to finish and amenities good with no complaints on that part but we didn’t get to use the spa so can’t comment on that. the food was really nice and presented well though very slow service, as we wasn’t in a rush we just had another drink, but i did hear another couple complaining about how long it was taking as there was only 6 dinners. the bad point. was the price of the food, as we have had better for a lot less but don’t get me wrong it was as iv said really nice and the music could do with an update and change they played the same cd as when our friends went about a year previous but this is been very picky.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review to Trip Advisor I am glad that you enjoyed your room, however I am disappointed to read that you did not feel as positive about the restaurant. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused, I will personnally look at why your experience was not to our usual high standard. I can assure you that I will update the CD collection as well! Kind regards
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is our third visit to Billesley Manor Hotel. Each time our experience has been excellent.

The hotel is in a great location with ample parking. There are many places to visit in the area. Our interest this time was Stratford upon Avon and the Cotswolds villages.

Each time we have visited we have been allocated excellent rooms in the main hotel. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and have a very much can do attitude.

The breakfast was of an excellent quality and the girl who served us was very friendly and helpful. I suggest that you have your breakfast before 9.00 am as it gets very busy at that time.

I cannot recommend this hotel more highly.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main hotel are the best. This time we stayed in Room 10 with my daughter and her friend...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your excellent review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience at Billesley Manor and I look forward to welcoming you back for a fourth time! Thanks again.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My friend and I stayed for 2 night spa break. We were given a room close to the spa so we could walk there in robes and slippers! Hotel is really beautiful, the grounds are stunning. Food was first class with excellent service. Breakfast is buffet with plenty of choice. Staff were all so friendly and helpful. The spa treatments were well worth it,again really attentive staff who made us feel valued. Pool a bit basic, could do with a few finishing touches to make it more luxurious but overall we would thoroughly recommend-we plan to go again!

Room Tip: Spa rooms are modern, apparently rooms away from the spa end of the hotel are more traditional
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your post, your comments are really positive, I will look into how we can make the poolside more luxurious. Thanks again.
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Where do I start!? What a beautiful place- and the staff are so helpful and kind! I stayed over night at Billesely Manor to attend a friend's wedding. I took my whole family- me, my husband, our two daughters- 3yrs and 11 months, my sister and her husband, and their 3 sons- 6yrs and 23 month twins with special needs. I cannot think of anything that the staff could have done to make us feel more welcome and comfortable. The food was delicious- the breakfast the next morning was unbelievable! There was every choice imaginable! When I reached into my baby's change bag for her bottle, a member of staff would notice and rush to my side to offer to warm it for me. We didn't bring whole milk for the younger children's bottles as we wouldn't have been able to keep it cold during the wedding- when we approached reception to ask if they stocked while milk at all, they immediately suggested that they would drive to their nearest shop and purchase some for us! Above and beyond. I cannot wait to return to Billesely Manor for another night in luxury. Thank you- 9 happy customers here!

• Stayed August 2012
Wow, what a review! I am so pleased that you had such a good stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best wishes.
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We had to rearrange the venue for my daughters wedding at less than one weeks notice. We chose Billseley Manor to pick up the reins and are so pleased we did. Thanks to their staff William Watson and Rachel Tye. William and Rachel's can do attitude ensured my daughter had her special day. Everything was perfect, including the weather. William especially worked tirelessy all day and evening to ensure our every need was met. For anybody thinking about wanting to hold a special family occasion I would recommend Billseley Manor. The gardens are lovely, the Spa is great and the food is good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FeltCol
Thank you for your comments, I am sorry that you did not enjoy breakfast as much as the rest of your stay. I can assure you that your comments will be used to improve the services and facilities were necessary. Kind regards