2,732 results
All reviews holiday inn the river town centre public areas large hotel excellent location car park executive room plenty of parking reception area buffet style lovely hotel rsc theatre family room leisure centre central location few minutes walk
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I visited the Crowne Plaza for a business conference on a Saturday in September. All of the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.
The restaurant served delicious food, was tastefully decorated and has a beautiful terrace which opens up onto gardens and the river.
The conference room I was in for most of the day was again tastefully decorated, had comfortable chairs and the tables were stocked (and resupplied during breaks) with jugs of water and bowls of mints.
The hotel provides ample parking which is free if you give them your registration number. The bathrooms were also clean and tidy with good quality supplies (hand soap and cream).

Whilst I cannot comment on the actual hotel rooms, based on my experience here, I would not hesitate to come back and book a stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
CPSUA, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Olivia S,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, I have shared your comments with my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards
Roxanne Hopkins
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Arrived last night and checked in. Keys didn’t work no apology. Breakfast this morning at 08:00 stone cold, couldn’t eat it. Went out at 08:30 and returned at 14:00. Room key not working and room not serviced. Complained and went to bar for an hour. Went back to room bed made, bathroom filthy especially the toilet and no glassware, toiletries and mini bar not replenished. Complained and got 2 glasses for bathroom. Explained I wanted wine glasses - 90 minutes later still waiting! Staff not accommodating and uninterested. Come here at your peril.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
CPSUA, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Nigel T,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to share your review through TripAdvisor related to your stay. We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service. I was really concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry you were disappointed. I sincerely hope that this experience will not affect your confidence in our services and Crowne Plaza as a brand.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

A good stay throughout with a nice reception area. Rooms are average but good enough for a comfortable stay. As others indicate in their reviews, it is a bit expensive and feels not as cozy as other places in the area

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
CPSUA, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Aryansooren,

Great to hear the feedback, thank you for your comments

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and like others have said the outside doesn’t do the inside justice.
We had a quick and welcoming check in. Our room was nice , although promised bathrobes and slippers to find just 1 bathrobe and no slippers.
The mini bar was slightly overpriced and we didn’t use it.
The bathroom was clean and toiletries were nice to use. The pillow spray was a lovely addition and I think it did work!
We didn’t eat at the hotel so can’t comment on the food.
This hotel is pleasant in a very central location for visiting Stratford.
We paid £100 and we didn’t get breakfast for that which I think is very overpriced for the room only.
Remember to factor in £6 for overnight parking at the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Wanderer738041

Thank you for the detailed review and feedback. Please be assured we will monitor the points raised and take the appropriate action

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Visited the Crowne Plaza for three nights as part of a group holiday to attend the theatre. Previously this was a Holiday Inn. It’s become very ‘corporate’ and the surcharge for single occupancy is ridiculous; however I wanted a swimming pool so I bit the bullet and paid several hundreds more then other ‘singles’ who stayed elsewhere. The place has a pleasant feel and situation, and the staff are keen to please. Buffet dinner on the first night was less good than breakfast. Our second breakfast was disrupted as a call to reception elicited the wrong time for ‘end of breakfast’, which meant I took it alone. A business event tried to take over a bit on the second evening but we were going out that night anyhow. The third night saw a fire evacuation at 1am, due to a fire bell’s glass cover getting broken - there was no fire. But lots of merry business folk joined us in a chilly car park. The evacuation was handled ok, though I’d little clue about what was happening without my lenses! However I rose early next day for a swim, and got ready only to be told the pool wasn’t open - damage to the chlorine dispenser I believe. Very disappointing. Then breakfast was momentarily interrupted by yet another fire bell! Was it worth those extra 100s? Not great, I think you’ll agree!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Y601WWangies,

Please accept my sincere apologies that you found your experience to be a little disappointing. I have discussed your comments with the hotel management and we have taken the action necessary to ensure issues such as yours are addressed immediately.