“Empty for a reason ”
Review of Cabin Bar

Cabin Bar
Ranked #1,002 of 1,414 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Historically have liked to go here as it’s quiet so can make business calls. However I’ve decided today was last time. Service is poor despite number of staff man-marking number of customers. Outrageously expensive. £6.95 for a bacon sarnie, not even anything posh about it. £3 for an Americano that isn’t an americano, its filter coffee. Sat with my dirty plate for good half hour, no attempt to tidy it away, I had to approach them for both a second coffee and my bill, I almost felt bad disturbing the chatting. Never again.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Just ate here on Saturday 13th October. The food wasn’t bad for airport food. However, it was overpriced for the service that accompanied it. It took quite a while to actually place our order as they seemed more interested in cleaning tables. I tried to make our group leave but all the other places were so busy that we thought we’d take our chances...a mistake I won’t make again. The lack of clientele should have been a warning sign. They swapped our mozzarella for Parmesan on our charcuterie board without checking with us first, as they had run out, we never got to order more drinks, they never checked on us to see if our food was ok, my husband tried to pay the bill twice and nobody wanted to know, crockery was chipped, glasses had water marks all over them making them look dirty, the seat along the back wall was torn and the springs had gone in it causing you to sink down a few inches. Next time I fly from this airport I will avoid this place like the plague. I recommend you do the same.

1  Thank ndarling
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Dined here on Saturday 13th at lunchtime. The service was appalling from start to finish. The staff made no eye contact and were more interested in cleaning dirty tables than attending to their guests.

The restaurant was dirty with damaged seating, the glasses weren’t polished and the crockery used was chipped. They substituted mozzarella for Parmesan on the charcuterie board without telling us first and didn’t do any sort of check back.

Many other diners queued at the “wait here to be seated” point and left after several minutes of being ignored. I’m surprised based on this experience that this restaurant is still in operation. Should have read the reviews before going in however looked nice on the face of it and was quieter than other restaurants. Probably the most expensive dining option in Newcastle airport and definitely not worth the money!

No pricing on the drinks list either? Isn’t that illegal in the UK?

AVOID!!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Saturday 29 September 2018 is the LAST time I will ever be in this place. Was ignored in the queue to be seated. Place was dirty and tables needed clearing after people had left (we did our own table clearing). The staff were all in a daze and there was some collective argument/disagreement over their shifts going on in the background.
I asked to order two glasses of wine from their dispenser; you buy a voucher at the bar insert into the machine, you choose your wine, place glass under press the button and hey presto, wine falls into the glass. Oh! that! said the girl, don't know anything about it so cant serve you there, don't think anyone has used it and I haven't got a clue, she said. So I ordered over the bar two wines and some olives. We got the wine but no olives arrived, still two out of three wasn't bad. We finished the drinks without olives and on paying the extorsionate bill I asked for the olives to be subtracted from it, I was then passed between three members of staff one of which didn't have a clue as to how to amend the bill, and one was the manager who gave half an apology and walked off leaving the third member to complete the job.
Prior to going in this place we debated whether to go in or not, as the last time we were in it was shocking. I had a good frank discussion with the Manager that time and gave her and honest review of our eating experience, and where, in our opinion they were failing. Have things improved, NO!
Save your money folks, go somewhere else and you will have a much better time.
There are a host of other reviews that are equally poor for this place so its not just me, so please use it as constructive criticism and put things right for your own sake, please.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank lobstermanedgar
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I visited the cabin bar around 2pm yesterday afternoon to grab a bite and some peace away from the hustle&bustle of the airport. Being in the industry my self I have high expectations of staff and the service they deliver. The restraunt was full with only two members of staff on the restraunt floor. I was greeted and served mostly by Yasmine, very kind and helpful, quick professional service with a big smile . Amy did a great job serving the tables next too me, also very professional and welcoming. Multitasking at its best, they seemed unfazed by the chaos of the busy restraunt and every customer left with a smile!! Well done ladies, keep up the hard work !!