1,545 results
All reviews gin bar the club lounge separate shower and bath pillow spray train station spa facilities mini bar lovely hotel city centre afternoon tea car park good size coffee machine room was spacious bars and restaurants breakfast was excellent couldn't fault
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Having driven circa 300 miles to the hotel we arrived at reception (needs better signage from outside) to be greeted by a fairly unenthusiastic member of the reception staff. Having travelled with my mother, wife and young child we had a large amount of luggage for which I was told to take a trolley to my car and once I had loaded it myself I was to take it to my room. The same applied on check out. I would have thought that a hotel of this standing/cost would have someone to help with luggage? The rest of our stay was very very good (special mention to Dan the restaurant manager who was very attentive) with fantastic service levels and amenities. However having driven for close to 6 hours it is the initial impression that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Daniel G, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Dear Gareth H,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay,

I am sorry to see the experience that you received on your arrival to the hotel. I have made our Front Office Manager aware of your comments to address with her team. I am pleased though to see your comments around Dan and your meal in the Restaurant. I have given him your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future,

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last night after attending a business day in a meeting room in one of the suites. Modern, clean and vibrant is how I would describe the hotel with really excellent staff. I stay in hotels around the country regularly and this one is right up there interns of service, comfort, facilities and location. Access to the club lounge was excellent for evening drinks and breakfast and the staff equally attentive; you get the feeling they just can’t do enough for you. The only downside was that our room faced right into the Boiler Rooms where there was a gig on till 3AM and with a lot of glass for the balcony, it was loud but I still got to sleep in the wonderfully large and comfy bed. Also whoever was next door was playing ridiculously loud music which you could hear through the adjoining door but at 6pm I wasn’t too bothered. Lots of hen and stag parties as you’d expect but with it being a Friday in Newc you’d expect that. They were harmless enough. I’ve always found Crowne Plaza hotels to be highly rated and this one is no different. A high recommendation from me.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Frasfam

Dear Frasfam,

Thank you for your amazing review regarding your recent stay,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and the whole hotel team made your stay memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future for another comfortable stay!

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel appears quite new, so everything looks and feels great. The area is undergoing some redevelopment but don’t let that put you off.
Amenities are good and if you go for the light lunch sandwich, I would suggest sharing.
Car park for hotel is next door and very responsible on price.
Located close to main railway station and close to major road (A1), it is easy to get to.
Walking distance to the river edge for bars and restaurants and well within walking distance of places such as the Baltic.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear MTS711,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us,

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future,

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I have stayed here several times and the hotel continues to provide a very good standard of hospitality. It is a 10 minute stroll from the main station. Reception was welcoming and efficient. I was given a good sized bedroom, with a most comfortable bed and quality linen. The bathroom has a bath and separate shower. The towels are also high quality and you are also provided with a robe and slippers. There is a good sized desk and the room is well-lit. There is a large, flat screen TV and a comfy chair to relax in. Tea and coffee, as well as two bottles of water, are supplied free of charge. There is also an iron, board and safe.

The hotel has a small gym and pool, with Jacuzzi and steam room. At 6 pm, when I used it, it was possible to swim with two other guests at the same time. There is also a spa with various treatments on offer, although they seemed expensive for Newcastle, if not anywhere.

Breakfast was good quality, with both continental and "full English" options available.

I paid £83 for the night, including breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Roland D,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and that the team have continued to deliver you a memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Good location with parking right next door. Walking distance to the Quay and across to the Sage. Good size rooms with excellent bathroom. Breakfast had the usual plus a small specials menu. Front of house staff were very good and the restaurant staff are very helpful.

Dear 533Mikeb,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future,