1,501 results
All reviews gin bar the club lounge separate shower and bath pillow spray train station spa facilities mini bar lovely hotel city centre car park afternoon tea good size room was spacious coffee machine five minute walk birthday treat breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

I had a 1 night stay for work purposes and I can not fault this hotel at all. Fabulous staff at check in and throughout the hotel. The room was to a very high standard with everything you need, the bed was the comfiest I have ever slept in, and the complimentary water is a very good touch. The pool and gym facilities are excellent too. I chose to eat in the Gin Bar which is very nice. The staff make the drinks very well, and I ordered some food, unfortunately the bread with my soup was a little frozen, but the way the staff handled it was outstanding. I was not made to feel like an awkward customer like many places do, they apologised, ordered more bread and also took the soup so it didn't go cold and brought me a fresh one, then offered me a complimentary drink, whilst constantly checking I was happy, EXCELLENT service and well done. I stay in Newcastle a lot for work, this was my first time at the Crowne Plaza and my favourite hotel in Newcastle now, well done to the staff

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
AKFOX1, Owner at Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Comfortable and well appointed rooms with the fantastic treat of the This Works sleep products. Great breakfast too. Inspite of being evacuated when the fire alarm went off at 3.00am we had a lovely stay. Thanks team Crowne Plaza :)

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

This hotel really does have it all. The service that you receive is second to none. This is my fourth trip to this hotel and will continue to be my hotel of choice every time I visit the north.
I stay on the club lounge level due to my membership level with IHG and find this to be superior to its sister hotels.
Nothing is ever too much trouble for them.

Do not hesitate in booking this hotel.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed in room 440 which was very clean and smelled homely. The cleaners don't actually touch or move your belongings like in other hotels which I really liked. There's also a safe in the room that you can use free of charge. The food in the restaurant and in the bar is AMAZING. Definitely worth the price. Everything is cooked fresh. You need to try the burgers (bar) and the chicken breast(restaurant) !Only the breakfasts are rubbish(this is just my opinion). You can order English breakfast, Benedict eggs or there's a buffet where you can get ham, fruits, bread etc. Nothing I liked sadly as I'm not a fan of ham with a lot of fat.. Also another downside was the view. It was horrible. It was overlooking at the post, train trucks and an empty space where I'm assuming that a building was demolished. We didn't really mind that much because we were barely in the room. The spa is nice and was quiet so really relaxing. We thought they would have sauna though but they only have steam room. The stuff is nice but seem really grumpy. The cleaners that we met were happier than most of the staff. We wanted to use the fridge because we had some food with us but the fridge was locked. We called and someone came to empty it as it was full of drinks and snacks. At the end we were charged extra money for all of the food and snacks from the fridge even though we didn't have any as the fridge was empty. It was just a mistake they made and after explaining it to them they cancelled it straight away. If you are planning on staying there I would just make sure you keep track of everything you are paying for :) We had lovely stay and I really recommend the food !

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Visited here today with my sister as part of a spa day including afternoon tea deal. We had a great day. The spa staff were very friendly and professional and the treatments were excellent. The facilities were clean and relaxing and we found everything was at a high standard. Upstairs in the restaurant, the staff were just as friendly and the afternoon tea was lovely. Will definitely be returning soon!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends