“Fantastic Food and service!”
Review of Mantra Thai Dining

Mantra Thai Dining
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 48
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enter this golden temple of serenity to savour authentic Thai cuisine, with riverside views. We pride ourselves on traditional Thai dishes with an authentic Thai taste to excite your tastebuds, served with a Thai smile, in a stylish classy setting. Conveniently located on Newcastle's Quayside, free parking and only 10 minutes walk from Central Train station.
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Mantra Thai has become my new favourite restaurant!

The food in here is faultless, from the quality of the meat to the intensely fresh flavours
The staff are very attentive and make you feel valued.

I would highly recommend trying this place.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

The title pretty much says it all. Gorgeous food, lovely attentive staff - perfect! Highly recommend the Massaman curry!

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Well done Mantra! We had dinner here on our first night in Newcastle and Mantra did not disappoint. We happened to be early enough to catch the early dinning menu, I had the Chicken Satay (best ever) and the Chicken Cashew Nuts. From 5:30 to 7:00 it’s only 16.50 pounds.

The service was most excellent. Our waitress was Paiwan and assisting her was Ole. The attended to our every need. Paiwan gave us excellent suggestions. Ole was wonderful to chat with on our first night as he knew the places to see and visit in the local area. It was an absolute gem for the food and the service. We would be regulars if we lived locally.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I looked up TripAdvisor to find a good Thai restaurant in Newcastle and found Mantra Thai Dining. My nephew and I ordered the duck red curry, the beef waterfall salad and prawn pad Thai noodles. I was impressed by the portion size of the duck breast. It was cooked to perfection and the red curry sauce was delicious with plenty of vegetables. The pad Thai noodles was as good as any cooked at the best establishments in Thailand. The beef salad was a delight with quality succulent and tender sliced grilled steaks in a hot Thai dressing of fish sauce, chillies and lime juice - plentiful and accompanied with only a handful of fresh watercress and green leaves and shallots. We relished every mouthful. I have yet to eat better Thai food in the UK. Authentic, generous and attention to detail and masterful Thai cooking. Can't wait to return to enjoy more dishes. The décor, ambience and service was also faultless. An amazing find.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

I visited here today for the first time with my mam for lunch. The food was brilliant, we both really enjoyed everything but the main reason I'm writing this review is because of the service we received. The lady who served us was really welcoming and very friendly. We arrived at 2pm and checked if it was ok for us to have lunch as they close for the afternoon at 2:30pm. She said it wasn't a problem and was lovely the entire time we were there. When we finished lunch it was after 2:30, she never rushed us and still offered desert, tea and coffee (which we declined). The restaurant is beautiful and well worth a visit. We had a lovely lunch, thank you so much we're looking forward to returning soon.