“Breakfast”

Flying Hippo
Ranked #1,035 of 1,398 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

The company has already redeemed themselves by sending meal vouchers.

However I still want to give people notice that this is over priced for small portions. we paid almost 50 to feed 3 YOUNG children and 1 adult.

If money is no object then enjoy your airport food here but don't be surprised by the bill.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Came in pretty annoyed due to an issue with my flight but Flying Hippo put a smile back on my face. Service was fast and friendly. I ordered a chicken burger with sweet potato fries. Finished the plate, was very tasty. Prices are as you'd expect for the location. I'd likely visit again if I'm ever back in Newcastle Airport.

1  Thank Climber829850
Reviewed 25 October 2018

Stopped here for a bite while waiting for my flight to Dubai. Burger was juicy and well made, chips were great too. Staff were friendly despite being very busy, good job! Slightly pricey but very much enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Visited the flying hippo for breakfast while waiting for flight in Newcastle airport.
Coffee and toasted bacon sandwich was £10.24!!! Not only that but I gave the girl £20.50 saying to her that it would save her giving me all loose change. She gave me 26p! Supervisor was there watching her and told me I would have to wait until they had time to check the TIL! I had to insist I was right and had to argue to get my £10. Eventually he threw the £10 at me! Will NOT be going back!

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Great pre flight meal falafel burger and loaded chicken burger all served to the table with drinks Amstel and Heineken, Thanks to Wendy who was 11 hours into a 12 hour shift still cheerful and nothing was too much trouble