All reviews these apartments washing machine two bedroom apartment underground parking city centre train station home from home excellent location recommend staying here bad points james park per night eldon square stayed for two nights short stay reception staff noise
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I reserved and paid for a 2 night reservation in January 2017 for the Great North Run Weekend in September 2017. This must be the busiest weekend of the whole year for hotel bookings close to the start line and I paid a premium price to secure somewhere early, at Premier Suites Newcastle.

Just over a week before my booking, I was told by Premier Suites Newcastle that some current guests now want to stay longer for work, so I would not be able to stay in the hotel.

This is not part of the terms and conditions of my booking, but it is Premier Suites 'policy' to prioritise current guests who want to stay for longer periods of time, over bookings that have been made and paid for well in advance. This policy is based on greed, not on what is fair to guests.

Premier suites said that they would try and find me alternative accommodation, but they couldn't guarantee it would be an apartment (which is what I booked) and they didn't know where exactly it would be. Premier Suites made the decision to give the apartment that I booked to their current guests, who had only just decided to extend their stay, before knowing where I would end up staying.

Later, I was found 'like for like' accommodation at no extra cost, but I wanted to stay in the accommodation that I booked and paid for in January. I preferred the location and facilities. To secure the new accommodation asap, I had to cover the extra cost of the alternative accommodation on my own card, until the refund to cover the cost arrived in my account.

I was told several times that this is 'common practice' for hotels. The fact is that Premier Suites Newcastle chooses to enforce a policy that prioritises greed and extra income from long term / corporate guests who want to extend their stay last minute... over shorter, paid for bookings made in advance.

Not a policy to be proud of.

I am not pleased with the way my booking was managed at all.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lmc2221
GMPremierApartments, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am sorry that firstly we found ourselves in the position that we were not able to accommodate you and as a company this is something that we certainly do not enjoy doing.

As the alternative accommodation require full pre-payment we did feel that the easiest way would be for you to make the reservation yourself and we immediately processed your full refund as well as the additional costs in price for the new accommodation.

Once again I am truly sorry for these issues encountered.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Myself and three friends recently visited the Permier Suites for a birthday weekend away. Google maps didn't take you right to the door but the suites were easy enough to find. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy and the staff were extremely kind and helpful. Upon arrival our suite wasn't ready so we left our bags and headed off for some lunch, however the ladies at reception phoned as soon as our suite was ready. The suite itself was a good size, nice and clean and fully equipped with everything you would need. The only let downs for us were the showers and the heat of the suite. The showers had a very fine line between cold and boiling so we're quite hard to control and the suite was so warm throughout our stay we were not overly comfortable when trying to sleep. Apart from these two minor issues everything else was great and we would definitely return! Note - we booked directly with premier suites as it was cheaper than booking through an agent, and we received a free bottle of wine on arrival because of the deal we booked, bonus!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte A
GMPremierApartments, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us and we really do appreciate your time.

It was great that you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments about the team were really appreciated and i will ensure that these are shared with them.

I am sorry that you had an issue with the showers, we will ensure that we look into this.

Great that you will return and we do hope that it wont be too long before we can welcome you back.

kind regards

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Dragged the family up to see me at work. Great space for that. Very clean. Friendly check in. In the midst of every thing. Great bath. Was a muggy night and air con would have been ace. No so windows open and the visit was spoild by notice from the city. Now we are simple county folk and aren't used to it so I think we are over sensitive. I'd come again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank The_Harvey_Scott

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay and thanks for the constructive feedback.

I am sorry that you experienced some external noise issues, this can be somewhat unavoidable due to our central location.

We are pleased that you would return and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We did find this location rather difficult to find as there didn't seem to be any signs from what we could see. The parking (when we found it) was appreciated. The suite itself was fantastic! It was clean and well maintained. We had ample room for our family with 2 teenagers. Everyone had their own space. The bathrooms were clean and large. All the amenities that we could want. Very satisfied. The neighbourhood however, was quite noisy. Down on the street there were quite a few people that were stumbling around intoxicated... even watched a few people being arrested. Fun times. The neighbourhood seemed a bit loud, but the police were very present. Walking distance to many cafes and restaurants. We even walked down the the waterfront. We were only here for one night passing through. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise A
GMPremierApartments, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and we really appreciate your feedback.

Its great that you enjoyed the apartment and the facilities and we have to agree that the space they offer is ideal for families.

Newcastle can be a lively City and I am pleased that this did not detract from the enjoyment of your stay.

We do hope that should your travels bring you back to Newcastle that we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We just stayed for two nights in apartment 19 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had a two bedroom apartment.

It was in a great location, less than five minutes walk one way to the train station and five the other way to the Gate. & Eldon Square.

The apartment had everything you could need. We have a young baby so found it very useful to have the microwave, kettle, washing machine and fridge.

Make sure you book directly with the apartments for the best price. We got a bottle of wine on arrival because we had booked directly. We also got an excellent deal.

Our only complAint was the noise. There was an awful lot of noise from the street below both nights - people shouting, singing etc. It was very warm so we had to have all of the windows open at all times so that wouldn't have helped.

We found the free wifi very slow so did not use it.

The apartment was very clean, spacious and well equipped and the staff member we dealt with was very friendly. I highly recommend these apartments!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and thanks for the constructive feedback.

Its great that you enjoyed the apartment and our great location and I am sorry that you experienced some external noise with our City Centre location this can be unavoidable.

We do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.