“Getting warm”

Zapatista Burrito Bar
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 7
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Description: GRAB A FISTFUL OF MEXICAN FLAVOURS - NEWCASTLE'S FIRST MEXICAN BURRIO BAR. Description Newcastle's first Mexican Burrito Bar. We have two restaurants in Newcastle city centre. Located on Grainger Street across from Central Station and Ridley Place. Zapatista Burrito Bar & Mexican Restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne. Fresh, Delicious and Healthy authentic tacos, burritos, nachos made with love.
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Very conveniently located next to City Hall to grab a pre-show bite to eat, though last orders are 7pm.

A simple menu and very tasty food (we had spicy beef burrito and spicy chicken burrito). Like a previous occasion though I did feel the food could be hotter. I appreciate most of the filling is cold beans, salad etc. but it detracts from the warmed burrito and filling. Bit messy to eat so perhaps best avoided on a 1st date!

They offer a £15 2kg 10 minute old challenge which we witnessed a couple of people fail miserably at.

Very popular and as I say tasty - perhaps I just have to accept that, other than the spice, it won't have the heat I am looking for.

Given a choice between their locations we probably prefer the one near Central Station.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We are regular customers at Zapatista where we thoroughly enjoy the lovely food which is great value for money. The customer service is always excellent in particular the duty manager, Stephanie who always makes time to talk to us.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

They know their stuff! I had chargrilled chicken wrap with all the trimmings, and it was cooked to perfection! Thanks Zap, lok forward to your next visit to Quorum Business Park

1  Thank Claire L
Reviewed 15 May 2017

We ate in on our first visit and had a fun lunch experience. We tried a variety of dishes among our group of 5 and no one was disappointed. We loved the spicy food, loved the bustling atmosphere and the place is spotless. The manager was really helpful, going out of his way to help as we were gifted the lunch and not everyone could make it there on the same day. He put together an impressive taster picnic on another day to spend the 'change' from first lunch, which was well received back at the office. All the staff are smiling and helpful when you go in, and the food is super fresh. Very impressed, we will be back.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I love Mexican food and its hard to find good places in europe for it, and even though Zapatista is a fast-food type place, its really great and worth the money! Service is like at subway where you're asked what ingredients you want after the base choice of meat and wrap, and its quite good. Everytime I walk in the store, I'm salivating and can't wait to down a delicious burrito! You won't be disappointed (I hope..)! There also one near the central station.