“Some of the best cakes!!”
Review of Teasy Does It

Teasy Does It
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bakery - Custom cakes for all occasions, cake pops, sweet treats, cupcakes, traybakes. Hand made decorations. All flavours of cakes. Events, corporate, birthdays, children's cakes, engagement and wedding cakes. Brownies a speciality. Fruit pies and catering for buffets and cake tables on request.
Reviewed 2 May 2017

TEASY DOES IT has some of the tastiest cakes and brownies I have ever tried! A trully excellent visit, i recommend 100%!

Floss501, Owner at Teasy Does It, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

thank you so much for your kind review and pleased you like what we bake:)
Lesley

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

I used to use this cafe a year or so ago but realised the food quality and service were not brilliant so hadn't been until my recent visit. Another problem was the erratic opening hours: it seemed to be more often closed than open. However I thought i would give it another chance. I had a veggie breakfast. It cost £5.95 for a fried egg, sausage, mushrooms, home made beans, hash brown and toast. The beans looked and tasted as though they had been left in a pan overnight. The hash brown was tiny and again tasted like it was quite old. I am not a great cook but could have done a lot better myself. My friend and I were the only customers and I think there were three staff members, so they were hardly rushed off their feet. It is a great pity that the potential of this little place is not being realised.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Teasy does it has a welcoming, relaxed tea room feel and the food is top notch. I went for the 'mega breakfast' and the quality of each item was great. The hash browns, skin on fries and baked beans were all home made, and the crusty bread and bacon sausages were full of flavour. Never had a fry up like it.

Floss501, Owner at Teasy Does It, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Thank you so much for your complimentary words and very kind review - this is most appreciated - hope to see you again:) thankyou

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We visited this place after it was recommended by my fiance's friend. Trekked out from Newcastle, but thought it would be worth it. It wasn't. On arrival, we were unsure if we had to seat ourselves. We asked and were told to sit anywhere and that the outside part was open. We sat there for about 10 minutes with no-one coming near us. There was no menu, the table had bird-crap on it and there was ash all over the chair. I wanted to move inside, and we found a menu which said to order at the counter. Surely, we could have been told this rather than letting us sit there. We both ordered 'mega breakfasts' and tea. The teacups were nice and the tea was fine. When the 'mega' breakfasts arrived, my first thought was "If this is a MEGA breakfast, what is the normal breakfast like??" It really wasn't worth the 8 quid. There was no 'bacon' for the veggie breakfast, even though this was on the menu. I was told this 'shouldn't be on there.' The 'homemade beans' appeared to be a normal can of beans mixed with tinned tomatoes. The veggie sausages were poor, the white of the egg was uncooked and the hash browns were grey. Altogether, the food was poor but we'd already paid for it so we ate it. My fiance got 2 tiny sausages and 1 rasher of bacon in his MEGA breakfast. Next time, we'll be walking the Butterfly Cabinet instead.

3  Thank JennyB1984
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Teasy does it is walking distance from Heaton park, and has a lovely little sun trap out the back where you can enjoy your cake! Friendly service, and basic well done, well priced food.

1  Thank Aisling M