“Lovely atmosphere”
Review of Teasy Does It - CLOSED

Teasy Does It
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bakery - Custom cakes for all occasions, cake pops, sweet treats, cupcakes, traybakes. Hand made decorations. All flavours of cakes. Events, corporate, birthdays, children's cakes, engagement and wedding cakes. Brownies a speciality. Fruit pies and catering for buffets and cake tables on request.
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

I had tea and cake here with my friends and would highly recommend it. The staff are really friendly and chatty. There is a real mix of furniture which makes the cafe feels so homely. I sat in a comfy armchair and felt like I was at home. The cake was sooo tasty and looked lovely.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

Checked their website before going today showed opening hours of 09.30-16:30 hours. Drove twenty miles to get there to be told by staff there who spoke to me like I was an idiot that they're never open to the public on a Tuesday. Shame your website couldn't say that.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

I`ve ordered 16 scones. They supposed to be a gift.
Two of them were burnt. I tried one and it tasted like fried fish.
Very disappointed. I won`t come there anymore.

Floss501, Owner at Teasy Does It, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Hi I have made contact and tried to offer an explanation and attempted to rectify your disappointment:( Sorry that you were disappointed and as mentioned in my reply on Facebook the scones were not previously frozen, but freshly baked for your collection and at no time contaminated by or cooked with, places near anything fish/fish fingers! Thanks that you made us aware that two appeared to have more colour than the rest and you didn't like the taste but I had offered - although there was no time for a new batch bake for replacement tomorrow - to buy in some scones and bring them to you from a bakery we use locally for our bread in the cafe... However it is too late in the day now to organise this, because I did not hear back so again apologies about your unhappiness and the need to give a one star review - I wish you had called me (Owner) to tell of your experience - as would always want to do best for customers - thanks so much Lesley

Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

Came here for brunch with my other half on sunday. It was SO nice. He had a mega breakfast which came with homemade hash browns, homemade baked beans and he says the sausage was so nice that might have been homemade too. I had poached egg on English muffin with a cup of tea and it was really delicious. Ignore the snobby stuck up reviews from people about the "bohemian inside." The staff were really friendly. I can't wait to return for cake :-).

Floss501, Owner at Teasy Does It, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Thanks so much for your kind words and feedback about your experience at Teasy:)

The sausage and bacon we buy in is quality from Northumberland Sausage Company - you might have had our "Santa Sausage" on your breakfast - as in December we try to offer customers something seasonal; Sage and onion, Xmas pudding sausage or Santa - normally sausage is just pork - but all are so tasty - as you mentioned. We make our falafels, skin on fries , beans and hashbrowns as well as cakes and Brownies. Coffee is from Ouseburn and Teas from Suki and Easy Teasy

See you again soon

Reviewed 4 December 2015 via mobile

A dog friendly cafe that has a menu that appeals to my veggie friend. Hooray!

The portions aren't huge (not a bad thing and price is reflective!) so if you're super hungry you might need to order another sausage or homemade hash brown.

It's a pleasant community feeling change from the hipster-hell that takes over most of Heaton.

Floss501, Owner at Teasy Does It, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2015

Thank you so much for your kind review of Teasy:) thanks alot