1,177 results
All reviews wet room train station floor to ceiling windows city centre budget hotel free wifi modern hotel air con rooms are small family room short stay excellent location would stay again bunk beds few minutes walk booked this hotel saturday night
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Room was generally nice but very much a case of style over substance.
No coat hooks
Bathroom door opened right next to the bed.
Bins so small you couldn't fit anything more than a tissue in.
No sockets near the bed.
Duvet barely reached the edges and that was before anyone got under it!

It seems as there was some kind of shared waste pipe behind the toilet/shower as whenever anyone in other rooms had a shower or flushed it was so loud in our room it sounds as if it was in our bathroom.

No view but wouldn't expect that for a city centre room like this.

Generally nowhere near the level of quality you would get from some of the chains.

But the absolute worst thing about this was the intrusiveness of the systems - not the staff personally who were lovely.
I got phone calls and email in the week leading up to the stay demanding to know when I was going to arrive and what I was going to be in Newcastle for - quite frankly none of their business.
On arrival I was given a long form where I had to fill in name and address not only of me but my wife. I deliberately use a central booking agent so I can avoid this hassle when I arrive somewhere after a long journey. Allegedly no details were passed over yet they had all my other details to hassle me in advance.
If you get the form read it very carefully and check what you tick as you have to opt out not in from their marketing spam.
The we were told we were not allowed a guest in the room after a certain time. Not a problem for us but I feel sorry for a single person who gets lucky out in town!

Staff were good about it but hampered by petty rules and inefficiencies of their systems and processes.

Very intrusive and meant I wouldn't book again unless it was the only viable option.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Sadly the first impression was nt great, due to the person on the front desk having a strong body odour problem which was very under pleasant. We weren't given any information about where to locate our room or about check out times. The room it's self although small was comfortable and very clean. Bathroom tiny and had a sliding glass door right next to the double bed, offering little to no privacy when using the loo !! Ok for the price and for somewhere just to crash after a night out but that's about it.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Came down for a fag and ended up having a drink and I absolutely can not fault David, what an amazing night manager/ manger! Such a lovely character, so lively and talkative being a solo part in the hotel kept me company whilst I had a drink and made sure I throughly enjoyed my stay here! Would 100% come again and recommend!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Javeed A, Manager at Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Kayleigh D
Thank you so much for a perfect 5 star review and your kind words, David will be pleased that he got a personal mention. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I had a room booked for 2 nights. In the first night I was placed in room 007 (not a joke). The room is located somewhere in the rear of the hotel and looks like an old storehouse or laundry "upgraded" to room. The first surprise was a toilet with a dead flushing system! After calling the reception I was informed that there was no chance to move to another room since the hotel was fully booked. Hot water takes 5 min to get there. But the real pearl was a terrible noise coming from the street (local pub) up to about 2 am. No chance to sleep at all.
I was moved to a decent room in the second night and had a partial refund for my first night. What seems totally unacceptable is the offer of a room well known for the noise, as confirmed later when discussing with the reception. A real shame!

Room Tip: Avoid room 007!!!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank fmbmarques
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed over for a couple of nights while catching up with a friend, rooms are clean and comfortable and staff were all very nice. The Hotel itself was not even a five minute walk from the train station and well located for a walk up into town or down to the Quayside. Newcastle is very easy to walk around and nothing to far to get to.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Susan A
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our central location, and our friendly staff, thank you for leaving a lovely review.

Kind regards