All reviews superior room an italian restaurant jesmond area west jesmond metro station city centre limited parking on arrival lovely hotel pubs and restaurants stayed here for nights hotel restaurant visiting newcastle would highly recommend this hotel full english kippers breakfast was excellent comfy bed
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Lovely hotel, lovely friendly staff, fantastic restaurant and separate cosy breakfast area where we ate the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel and I have stayed in hundreds. Great value, perfect location - what more could you want.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2018

we stayed for one night visiting family nearby, having travelled a long way we appreciated the 2pm check-in. The room although at the back of the hotel (you wouldnt stay on osborne Rd for the views anyway!!!) was first class, newly re-furbished, 6' bed huge tv,reasonably well lit everything you needed was there. The bathroom was huge newly tiled ,good shower, touch lit vanity mirror plenty of surfaces for wash bags,etc good sized towels and quirky toiletries. The breakfast was excellent value for the £10 extra aswe had booked on room only. Very nicely furnished restaurant and faultless cooked to order hot food,my wife said her Crabster kippers were some of the best shes had. Plenty of choices on the hot food. All in all this was a 4 star standard in our opinion at a 3 star price. The only minus points would be the limited parking and the music noise from the Bar which is very popular with students,however it was turned off promptly at 11.00pm and they did offer to move us to another room when we complained. We did have an good nights sleep. Really excellent value would definitely stay again!!!!

Room Tip: Our room was 115 on the first floor, there is a tiny lift to the 3 floors may be quieter on the higher floors but rooms might be smaller ?
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
The Malhotra G, Senior Receptionist at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Ronald,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! We really appreciate it!
It sounds like you had a great stay with us and you certainly enjoyed the extra special touches!
Thank you for your kind words regarding breakfast. I shall pass your comments onto the chef.

Please do not forget to book direct with us on your next stay to earn points on our loyalty card scheme and to ensure we accomodate you in one of our more quiet rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,
Laura-Ann Wilson

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Great location, great room, great bar, great breakfast ... and great price! I couldn't fault this hotel in any way. All the staff were particularly helpful also - in the hotel itself, in the bar, and in the restaurant. Genuinely superb value for what little I paid!

Room Tip: It wasn't at all noisy but better to choose a room at the back I'd say.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
The Malhotra G, Senior Receptionist at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Good Afternoon,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review!
We really appreciate your kind words regarding the staff as we really do always try to go above and beyond in meeting our guests expectations.

Kind Regards,
Laura-Ann Wilson

Reviewed 6 October 2018

When travelling I try to stay in different places but this place keeps bringing me back. Great from the call to check reservation, even remembered me and gave me the same room. Clean, conformable and so friendly. Its in the centre of a students area but dont let this put you off. Great atmosphere in the bars and not too bad when the pubs close.
I think visit number 4 will be soon
Well done guys

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2018

I had stayed in the hotel previously. This time I still found it very friendly, modern with helpful staff. They upgraded my room and as soon as i had an issue with my room they sorted out. The only issue this time was the heat. My room did not have air conditioner and the fan provided was not enough, particularly during the day. I still would stay in this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo