All reviews continental breakfast classic king osborne road no lift boiled eggs west jesmond metro station city centre rainfall shower lovely hotel bar next door cold meats four poster bed car park superior room bars and restaurants large tv mini fridge
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Be aware that many of the hotel rooms sit above the hotel bar and music can be heard through the floorboards until 11pm. Then you can hear many people chatting outside the hotel drinking and more so when the bar closes late until 12am. If your in Newcastle to stay out late then this might not effect you as much.

Only continental breakfast and limited selection.

Windows have poor sound proofing. The front rooms are next to a main road and traffic signal point so beeping can be heard each time pedestrians can cross. Disappointing stay as the hotel looked good in the images and overall rating from reviews were above 4, so thought it would be fine. Not good choice if you want to sleep and relax.

Clean bathroom and room with modern decor and blackout curtains.

In addition, If you block another guests car in the carpark you may get rang early to move it if other guest wants to leave. So avoid parking on outside in carpark if you want a lay in.

I won’t stay again, unfortunetly.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SarahPearce33
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped for one night whilst on business and generally impressed. Friendly and helpful receptionist and room was quiet and comfortable.
The bar/restaurant was decent enough without being spectacular with one slight niggle being that they held into my card whilst I ran a drink/food tab. Get why they need security but not great when we're always advised not to let your bank card out of sight. Would suggest they work out an alternative to this, especially for paying guests at the hotel.
Breakfast was good and again nice and peaceful with friendly service.
Would stay again and next time make a bee line for the Asian restaurant instead of the bar.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and myself stayed here for 3 nights from 3rd september 2018, we booked the superior king room. The room was really spacious and had a decent size en suite. Both room and bathroom were spotless. We had a fridge in the room which was re-stocked with water each day. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a bar attached to the hotel (97&social) the drinks were reasonably priced and the food was really good, also the staff here were really friendly. On the morning that my partner and I were leaving the car wouldn't start, luckily a gentleman parked next to us who was about to leave stopped to see if he could help, as he was asking if i had jump leads ( I didn't ) a couple were coming out from the hotel to their car who over heard and said that they did have jump leads, between them we got my car started, i am very gratefull to those people that day, great hotel, great staff and great guests!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

The cairn hotel in Jesmond is easy to get to via the metro, albeit about a 20 minute walk, there is parking if you drive though.
Check in was quick and the room we stayed was described as a deluxe king- it was pleasant but didn’t feel the bed was a king and the bathroom as nice as the shower was I would have expected a bath for a deluxe room. Great tea and coffee facilities and iron etc. Big, spacious room looking at the front of the hotel. Had to say we could the bar below until quite late which was noisy but it was a Saturday night; we just wanted an early one due to the run the next day! Breakfast was good- continental. Staff were attentive. I left my charger in the room and the kind lady called Adele arranged to post it back me with no problem.
I would stay again and probably enjoy a few drinks downstairs!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed as a small family for one night using a discount room rate (working for hotel chain) found the hotel easily enough, car park bit of a nightmare but managed to find a space ok
Check in bit of a quibble over prices and breakfast but sorted soon enough and receptionist pleasant.
Room beautiful and modern could have done with slightly larger bed but didn’t spoil stay, cot provided as per request
Ate at the bar in the hotel again discount rates but have to say can not praise the staff in there enough as my daughter has a dairy allergy and they went out of their way to provide her with something suitable to eat (special thank you to the Irish lady you were amazing ) all food was enjoyable and reasonably priced
Rooms can be noisy of a weekend as music from the bar can be heard but it wasn’t too loud and didn’t disturb the baby, can hear guests coming back late from nights out tho
Breakfast is continental and did the job not much on offer for non dairy children, however did provide soya milk upon request (luckily we brought her food with us)
Overall enjoyed our stay and would recommend

Date of stay: August 2018