“Ideal to pop into”
Review of Tortilla

Tortilla
Ranked #657 of 1,326 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Been here a few times and it is a good lunch spot if you are on your own as you have to get your food at the counter and then get a table. Good choice of meat for the burritos but there are a lot of questions that then have to be answered. This can be a bit confusing and some of the options come with an extra charge. Staff were helpful and friendly but my food was cold by time I sat down to eat it. Not sure if this was due to the salsa and salad that I chose but the rice didn't seem hot either. Easy to get a seat and the hot sauce at the table was very good. Not easy to eat with plastic knife and fork and it can get quite messy. Nice selection of bottled beer to wash it all down. Good place if you are out in town but not great.

1  Thank MillNewcastle

Reviewed 30 June 2017

A recent visit to this recent Newcastle Mexican establishment was a pleasant surprise. As with all new places in the vastly changed Eldon Square i was curious to see what it had to offer as id seen it quiet and busy in the past. As i had finished work late one evening and needed a quick fix before the football i stepped into Tortilla.

The premise of the menu is simple, pick your meat/rice and salsa and on average it is around £5.50, around the same as a Subway. So i plumped for steak with salsa rojo (spicy) and rice and it came all nicely packaged in a foil wrap. Very pleasant, reasonable amount of meat and solid quick fix if you are strapped for time and need a change from Boots or Sainsbury's meal deals. Definitely a quick lunch or snack kind of place.

1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Would recommend this as somewhere to come for lunch rather than dinner- which is the mistake I made. However, although the vegetarian burrito was nice but I didn't think it was anything spectacular. I would come again but only for a quick lunch if I was out and about.

1  Thank Mala K
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I popped in for a quick bite to do eat. Although the burrito was nice, the only thing that gave it some taste was the guacamole I paid an extra 80p for. Pay the extra and go to chicquiots.

1  Thank Ashleigh H
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

This is probably because I've been spoiled by Zapatista but I just didn't think it was as nice, the cardboard container I got my salad in resembled a hospital sickbowl. The ingredients weren't as varied or flavoursome and to be honest I wasn't full after eating it. Won't be rushing back

1  Thank lauren2492