“Best so far”
Review of Chiquito

Chiquito
Ranked #645 of 1,314 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 18 March 2017

We have been here a few times now but this was probably the best yet. We were greeted in a warm and friendly way and given a good booth table. It was Friday lunchtime and was quite busy. The restaurant has been well designed and looks good. We were served mainly by David and he was very efficient and friendly and had time to chat when necessary. The menu is quite extensive but we opted for the special lunch menu as all we wanted was available there. We had the house red which was an excellent, reasonably priced Merlot. The first course arrived quite quickly but after that everything was served just when we wanted it. The starters, chicken strips and nachos, were very good and so was my chicken fajitas but the chimichanga tortilla was a bit heavy on the ends. For a Mexican restaurant the food wasn't particularly spicy and the sauces on the table don't spice the food up properly. We normally just have a starter and main course but were tempted to the third course by the churros and an excellent pineapple thins thing. Apart from the minor complications we had an excellent meal and felt comfortable throughout and will be returning soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

First Visit. Took 30 Minutes To Arrive. My mam got pancakes With Bacon. Came without bacon. Changed Order. Bacon not cooked, pink as ever. Looked like they took it out of the packet and shoved it on the plate. Awful customer service but managed to receive coffee and meal of order. Awful visit for my birthday surprise. Disgusted and appalled.

1  Thank EvanInNewcastle
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Went with my family for my daughter's Birthday. Sat straight away. Not massively quick taking the drinks order and they then came back to say they didn't have 3 of the 5 drinks we wanted! Food order taken and then it was a while before starters came. Missed my starter out and had to be reordered. They then brought the mains and guess what? Mine was missing! The server wasn't particularly on the ball (nobody noticed either dish was missing) and finally admitted she'd missed my order out completely. She did say that my main dish would be free. Waited ages for 2nd drink and one ordered was wrong but I couldn't be bothered to tell them at this point. Such a shame as food wasn't bad! My burrito (when it finally came) was delicious! We won't be back!

1  Thank Fay E
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Visited here for the first time today and all I can say is AMAZING!!! We opted for the two courses for £10.95, I chose the southern fried chicken strips which were the best chicken strips I've ever tasted with a BBQ dipping sauce. For my main I chose spicy chicken enchiladas which you got two of with a huge side of rice and I opted for fries instead of the salad which wasn't a problem. We were then tempted into dessert by the lovely waitress so I chose the golden nugget cheesecake which was out of this world!! My friend opted for the lemon drizzle cake which also looked amazing. The service we received from a young girl called Fran I believe was outstanding, she was so friendly and lovely to be around :) a credit to the restaurant. Will 100% be returning. Good price for amazing food.

1  Thank simm19
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Arrived early at a dinner time and welcomed in a friendly manner. Had to wait 10 minutes until the table was available but passed the time starting in on a jug of margaritas. Excellent value and they will blend the jug exactly as you want them.
The meal itself was easy to select and the waiter's input was invaluable when you couldn't recall the actual dishes you may have enjoyed on previous visits to this chain of eateries. More than enough for a lunch time and the place was filled to capacity for most of our time there. Rather expensive for a lunch time but once in a while makes the change of routine acceptable.