“Amazing nachos!!”
Review of Chiquito

Chiquito
Ranked #652 of 1,308 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I recently had tea at chiquitos and it was fan!! We where seated by a lovely guy and served promptly by our waitress. Apologies I am terrible with names but she had blonde hair in plaits. She was lovely and very polite.
We both had the special two course menu. The salsa nachos and my hubby had chicken strips. Wow such big portions!! The manager brought us our food he was lovely guy from northern Ireland.
I had a chimichanga and hubby had a burrito. Very tasty!!
Loved the refillable cokes too.
It did get very busy and I guess due to this the staff where inundated but our waitresses smile never faltered despite dropping a drink and having to clean up.
Will definitely be back again soon!!

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Me and 4 friends planned a visit to the new Chiquito in Eldon Square, I was excited as I had never eaten at a Chiquito restaurant before but had looked at the menu and thought it looked really good. We went on a Monday night so it was really quiet, despite this, our mains took 40 minutes to come and a jug of water took 20 minutes to come. The food is so overpriced, I ordered 'Crispy southern fried chicken breast, topped with slow-cooked pulled pork, BBQ sauce and Monterey Jack cheese. Served with skin-on-fries, corn on the cob, onion rings and homemade slaw'. When it came it was just two battered chicken breasts, dry, cold pulled pork, a bit of cheese, a few cold chips and a minuscule amount of BBQ sauce. They were charging £15 for this, thankfully we had a voucher for 51% off which was a relief because I would not have paid £15. To make matters worse, the waitress cleared 4/5 plates while one of my friends was still eating which we thought was incredibly rude. I will not recommend and will not be returning.

1  Thank georgia_clark2
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Wonderful from the start and throughout. Amazing friendly staff. Chloe L and David K were really attentive and very accommodating. We were made to feel like nothing was too much bother. Food was tasty and fresh. And the drink wow I really believe I had the best margarita ever. Can't wait for a repeat visit.

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

This Mexican restaurant is very well decorated as you'd expect, sombreros on every table which were fun and very nice atmosphere. However, the service was below par, from sitting down and ordering it took around 15 minutes for the starters to come and there was a 50 minute wait between when the starters arrived and when the main arrived. I ordered the chicken wings to start which were very nice but for mains I had the double chicken cowboy burger, looked delicious but was dry, overdone and a little tasteless. Chips weren't very nice either (first time I've ever said that ) tasted oily and weren't soft on the inside. Only positive was the free refills on soft drinks which I took full advantage of. Overall the service was poor as they weren't very attentive and food was underwhelming, maybe the more Mexican dishes are where their specialities lie so may return again but order something else.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Four of us went to try this restaurant and we relly enjoyed it. We all had the " 2 courses for £14.95 " menu. The chicken strips were probably the best we have ever had for starters and we all had different mains which we all enjoyed. I had the chicken fajitas which were excellent and the others all cleared thier plates.
The drinks were reasonably priced although it is fair to say that the service to order extra drinks was a little slow and disorganised. The staff however were very friendly and helpful. Would we go again......yes we will.

2  Thank bobhaskett