“Quick bite to eat.”

Frankie & Benny's Eldon Square
Ranked #645 of 1,381 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Unfortunately everytime i come here i always feel rushed out, and in all honestly the prices are high for what you get, starters are extremely pricy and there tiny, wasn't very impressed, however the service is okay.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I dined here with my friend she had a pizza which looked dry & wafer thin with odd looking toppings on, I had a large burger in a bun with fries as nothing else on the menu seemed appealing, it was passable but nothing to go mad about. The staff were friendly & efficient but overall food quality was nothing exceptional, we ate around lunchtime so unable to comment on breakfast or evening meal.

1  Thank Isobel R
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Called in for an early tea. Drinks and food order was placed fairly quickly, good start. While ordering food, asked for jug of water. Had to remind staff about this 10 mins later as it had been forgotten. Food arrived. Had ordered portion of onion rings with my meal - confused as two had been put on my plate. Queried this and was told I’d be charged for these 2 onion rings! However, after checking she realised I was getting charged full price so they brought out full portion for me! No apologies mind. No one asked how the food was (average). It was ridiculously hard to get anyone’s attention especially when wanting to leave. Despite putting our coats on, no one approached us and to be honest, it would’ve been stupidly easy to walk out, they were paying that little attention. Eventually paid bill (waitress decided to clean another table nearby at the same time as sorting payment!). By the way, it wasn’t busy at all.

Toilets were NOT good, don’t know how often they’re checked but the female toilets had 2 which had been used but not flushed properly (both ways) and one clean one which had no toilet roll.

Used to love F&Bs but bitterly disappointed on this visit by the couldn’t care less attitude of staff. Not surprised nearby restaurants were much busier.

1  Thank buffycrazy
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Before I write anything else....need to say a massive thank you to Joe! and absolute star!

I had booked for a surprise birthday for my daughter. with adults sat separately. Joe was brilliant. Looked after both tables brilliantly. Orders taken quickly....drinks refilled constantly and birthday party made to feel extra special. and he made sure my daughter was completely embarrassed by the birthday music! we all had great time....add to the great atmosphere and Service...the fantastic food. couldn't have asked for better. thank you!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Nice breakfast with family. Good friendly service. Plenty of choice on the menu at a reasonable price. Our Waiter was excellent and made us very welcome.