All reviews ancient beams car park low ceilings parking on site town centre american style pancakes crisp linen delightful hotel nearby church cooking facilities proper shower own bathroom allocated room an extremely comfortable bed junior suite generous size original features
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Hotel oozing atmosphere, architecture and comfort.
Incredible bedroom with vaulted roof, timbered walls and fireplace and the bathroom was as modern and bright as you could possibly want - so the best of all worlds.
Charming host and staff.
Excellent breakfast with such a courteous waitress.
We loved it.

Room Tip: Apparently there are several suites and we had one although we only stayed one night.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraChristine56
Reviewed 8 March 2018

My wife and myself have had the pleasure of staying at the Abbey Hotel a couple of times recently, whilst my wife underwent treatment at the nearby St Edmunds Hospital, on both occasions the lovely owner had upgraded our room to allow for my wife’s condition, we were allocated room 11 which is a lovely room, come suite, which was Home-from-Home, all very comfortable and spacious, we were naturally very grateful. The Breakfast was a good” full English” which was more than adequate, and a good spread of toast & cereals, orange juice etc. We wholeheartedly would recommend this Hotel to anybody visiting BSE , as it’s just a 10 minutes walk into town, but also situated in a quiet location.

Room Tip: Room 11 was excellent
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2018

An exceptionally charming hotel, steeped in history.
Each room unique and attired in such a way to bring out its timeless beauty. I was pleasantly surprised by the pressure in my shower room. Located within walking distance to the town there is a plethora of shops to meet a range of needs. A bespoke breakfast to ‘die for’ and platinum customer care from all members of the team. Although only there for a short time; it is on the list for a longer return visit.
The owner of the hotel carried our luggage to our rooms, helped us find the local cinema and advised on places of interest. Worth every single penny.
The establishment was peaceful, warm and intriguing. A haven of tranquillity. Caters for lone visitors and families. Advice: focus when you are driving into the carpark!

Room Tip: Specify if you want a room with a shower or bath
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I stayed here for a couple of weeks between house moves, and had a lovely private annexe with 2 double bedrooms, 2 showers, living room and kitchen / dining room. It was clean and well furnished, with a cooker, microwave, dishwasher and hob.

The entrance to the car park was tight, but fine, if you get the angle right!

The staff were all really helpful and kind, and even brought a TV into the sitting room so that I could watch TV with my family rather than in the bedroom.

I would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

It was fantastic. I arrived by bike and had no problem leaving it outside in the parking area but I could of put it also inside. So bikers are welcome! The room was great, hub bath and the owner was great with me. He helped me with all of my questions. Very clean hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo