“Stunning place and just the most perfect hostess!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Private Room, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, East Anglia, England

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Any
howlingtw...
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning place and just the most perfect hostess!”
Reviewed 9 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

We were met by Sarah, the owner of the house, with some coffee and tea and shown to our very lovely bedroom with its own beautiful bathroom. We were up in Suffolk for a wedding so only stayed a night but the next morning we had a big breakfast followed by a morning stroll in Sarah's garden. The breakfast was spot on, the house really interesting and the whole atmosphere so comforting. We've actually booked again to come up properly for a long weekend and can't wait for the breakfasts and this time some longer walks. Couldn't recommend more.

Travelling group: Family
hicky05
Rochford, United Kingdom
“first class”
Reviewed 8 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

all I can say is we have just spent two nights at this very special place and cannot fault it.sarah went out of her way to welcome us and could not have done more.the breakfasts were superb and very plentiful.the gardens are immaculate and wonderful to sit in.if going back to Suffolk again would certainly stay here.sarah is a mine of information of where to go and where to eat out.very free and easy place to relax in.

12 Aug 2016
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write in such glowing terms about
your stay here at Church Farmhouse. It is a lovely thing to read such positive
comments about what we offer here and leaves me with a very warm glow.

I very much hope we shall see you again here.
dedyghton...
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable B&B”
Reviewed 20 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Lovely old house dating from the 1600's, spotlessly clean, comfortable beds and an a superb breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay and nothing was too much trouble for Sarah, Excellent.
June n Pete Staughton.

23 Jun 2016
It is very kind of you to write such a glowing review of your stay here and I
am so delighted you enjoyed your visit so much. I hope we shall see you
here again.
Annepilk
Cephalonia, Greece
“Historic House Experince”
Reviewed 25 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We stayed with Sarah for three nights (two couples) and had a lovely warm reception from her. The house is very old and parts of it date back to 1600. Consequently, level flooring upstairs might be an issue for some, but we were fine with this. The beds were very comfortable with lovely linen and everything was spotless. Sarah cooked us some great breakfasts and made us very welcome. We really enjoyed our stay in Suffolk and Uggeshall is a very convenient place to stay for sightseeing. We have given 4 stars and it would have been 5 if there was an effective shower facility. We had a lovely time Sarah - thank you.

28 May 2016
I am pleased you all enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the trouble to write
and so favourably.

On my website, I do give the date the house was built. And whenever age or infirmity are a concern, the age of this house is always pointed out to potential guests, so that they can make their own decision. In 24 years it has not caused a problem !

I presume by "effective shower facility" you mean a proper shower? If only we could put in wonderful power showers here but sadly the considerable length of the house is not conducive to a good flow of water from the header tank on the upper floor at the other end of the house. We do state that we have bathrooms (i.e. with a bath) and if asked, I explain that we have a "telephone style" shower attachment on the taps.
theoldbal...
Long Melford, United Kingdom
“The perfect B&B!”
Reviewed 4 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

I have just enjoyed one of the best overnight stays ever!
As a professional musician, I travel all over Europe, and regularly in the UK using private special places to stay, so i speak with over 35 years experience.
This gem of a find was a delight from the warm welcome from the lovely Sarah who couldn't do enough to make my stay comfortable and relaxing.
Tea and cake on arrival, a small jug of fresh milk outside the door for morning tea, and one of the tastiest cooked breakfasts possible, with a vast choice of cereals, fresh fruit and yogurt whilst it was being expertly cooked.
A delightful room with fresh flowers from the garden, and a comfy bed with high quality bedding and pillows, meant a good night's sleep.
Thank you Sarah for such a special place to stay, and I look forward to the next time soon.......

Value Rooms
7 May 2016
It was an absolute joy having you both to stay and I amo delighted to read that
you enjoyed your stay so much. You wrote so kindly and it reflected your huge
enthusiasm for life etc. Thank you so much for making the effort... particularly with
such a busy life. And I look forward to the next time and for longer !
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing