“Great place, friendly staff, very nice food!”

Cragg Sisters Tearoom
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Aldeburgh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Lovely 50s tearoom decor, quick service, fantastic array of cakes, exotic range of teas for sale here.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Really friendly, a little quirky, and a gem! A large selection of leaf teas served in traditional painted china teapots, and delicious homemade cakes. A real treat!

Reviewed 19 December 2017

We had a fantastic lunch here a few days ago. The tea room itself is quite small and quaint although I think there is more space in the rear of the building. The young waiter was really nice and was very helpful when asked questions. The home made soup was delicious and highly recommended and the sandwiches are very tasty. We had one of the special Xmas blends of teas which invoked the taste of Xmas.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Having popped into this charming tea house a few times for a slice of cake and a perfect cup of tea, I was delighted to see a Christmas Afternoon Tea available throughout the weekends in December.

Booking was needed and we booked in advance a good few weeks ago. It was on the calendar and we were both eagerly looking forward to it. As I said I’ve been here a few times and new it would be nothing short of delicious but I was also excited for my husband to experience Cragg Sisters and the sumptuous delights they have to offer.

Firstly we were very early, having done what we needed to do, we popped in on the off chance that we may be able to take our festive tea earlier than booked. This was no trouble for them and we came back about half an hour later to our table.

Our table was set beautifully and with Christmas crackers too! There is a huge choice of tea to choose from with some festive options on the menu. We opted for two different teas so we could sample one another’s. I opted for the Christmas blend which smelt like Christmas! It had quite a sweet taste to it but also packed a punch too!

Our afternoon tea selection was beautifully presented on a three tier vintage cake stand. With a large selection of small finger sandwiches with a festive twist. Ham and piccalilli, walnut, celery and Stilton, turkey and cranberry, egg mayonnaise and cucumber and dill. The bread was fresh and fluffy and a mixture of white and granary. The filling was plentiful and very generous and we could have had more if we wanted. Tempting as it was, we had two further plates to go.

The second plate featured a very tasty and Christmas inspired cranberry and orange peel scone served with clotted cream and jam. The flavours worked perfectly together complimenting the rich cream. We also had chocolate Yule log, with a cream and black cherry filling. I expected this to be heavy but it was light and fluffy with the right balance of flavours. Lastly on the second plate we had stollen slices which were really tasty.

The final plate, consisted of a chocolate brandy pot with edible gold, mince pies and a ginger cake. The ginger cake was sticky and rich with ginger, it was beautiful. The mince pies were very cute a buttery pastry and bursting with filling, very indulgent. We saved the chocolate pots until last and they were a perfect end to a fabulous afternoon treat.

The whole of our tea was perfect. Beautiful home made produce, light and delicate and very Christmassy! I think it may have to be a yearly tradition!

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Had lovely soft scrambled eggs with the smokiest bacon I've ever had, it was delicious.My partner had the same. both lovely. her scone was not as nice sadly. gluten free? not sure,but wasn't sweet enough.lovely friendly staff. Pear juice to die for. but the music!!! Drove me round the bend.Hence the low rating. food n service is five star.