Everything is very nearby in Aldeburgh but the Brudenell I think has the nicest location. It's right opposite the beach and there is a lovely terrace to sit outside which will be lovely in summer. We went on a blustery, rainy weekend but there was still a super view from the bar and lounge.
We had a sea view room which is worth paying the extra for. Price included a substantial breakfast which is served in the bar area overlooking the beach. Room very nicely decorated, large bathroom although the shower had little water pressure which was a bit disappointing.
We didn't have dinner at the hotel, but the breakfast was delicious and a good choice of continental as well as cooked choices, and not just the usual 'full English', there were some nice fish options too.
Would stay there again on another trip. The town is lovely, has a nice high street with some real shops (not just places pandering to tourists) and a good choice of restaurants. Be aware that the prices are quite high as there are a number of people who work in London and have a second home in the area.
We also did a quick trip down the coast to Orford which looks worth another visit with a lovely castle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an idyllic seaside setting, just a pebble's throw from Aldeburgh's shingle beach, the privately-owned Brudenell typifies all of the elements of a luxury four star seaside hotel. Following a complete refurbishment in 2010, it has been awarded 4 AA stars, a merit score of 85%, two rosettes and the coveted Visit Britain Gold Award. Our decadent bedrooms are distinctly decorated, incorporating vibrant colours so often associated with Aldeburgh and Suffolk. Enjoy soporific sea views, as well as beautiful views of the River Alde and the surrounding countryside. We are passionate about providing you with the very best service and a warm Suffolk welcome awaits you the minute you walk through the new doors of this fabulous hotel. So uniquely Aldeburgh. WiFi is available throughout the hotel for the convenience of our guests, the password for which can be obtained from reception. A stay at The Brudenell is perfect for those looking for a luxurious short break in Suffolk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Brudenell Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh
- The Brudenell Hotel Aldeburgh, Suffolk