“Superb meal”
Review of Brasserie Bleue

Brasserie Bleue
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Bleue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Aldeburgh
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 41
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Our new Bar and Brasserie has been inspired by a modern desire to return to simple, 'back to basics' food, offering freshly prepared dishes, contemporary, informal surroundings and impeccable service. We hope the whole family will enjoy dining with us. From fresh fish bought from Dean's Shed, situated on the beach opposite the White Lion, to smoked kippers sourced from Pinney's of Orford, every ingredient used in the exciting dishes which feature on the new menu, has been 'hand picked' to guarantee an abundance of flavours - Bon Appétit.
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We arrived and had cocktails in the bar followed by a meal in the restaurant. My husband chose the set Burns night menu which was exceptional value at £22 and I had boeuf bourguignon followed by poached clementines, ginger biscuit and maple mascarpone. All of the food was excellent and I thought the clementines desert was inspired. We would definitely go back.

Mark_White-WL, Manager at Brasserie Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Hi

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent meal in the Brasserie and I am so pleased that your husband enjoyed our Burns night menu whilst giving you the option to enjoy other delicious options from the menu. The chef's will be delighted with your comments.

Remember we have a selection of cocktails available in the bar every Friday night from on offer so perhaps this might be another great night out for you in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Have enjoyed some very good meals here in the past but this one didn't quite work.
Was it because it was a Sunday evening ?
Usually the fish is excellent but somehow neither the fish n'chips meal nor the fresh fish of the day options were as tasty as usual (the batter not as light/crisp, fish smaller), Also the roast meal option was just a plate somehow over-filled with stuff - not looking very appetising. It's all relative to having had such good meals here in the past, so this time a bit of a disappointment. Maybe we were just unlucky. The service however from the girls was excellent.

1  Thank hilaryb53317
Mark_White-WL, Manager at Brasserie Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Hi Hilary

Many thanks for taking the time to feedback your most recent experience with us and I am sorry that you did not find the meal to be as good as normal.

Next time you come in to see us please ask for me and I would welcome the opportunity for a chat to resolve the issue.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant for lunch on New Years Day with friends, had a lovely meal and the service was very good and very friendly. Will definitely go back again!

Hi Nigel and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review following your New Year meal with us. We are proud of our food and always aim to offer genuine warm and friendly service and I am pleased that this appears to have been the case.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Visited here for Sunday lunch and it has a bright modern interior which is lovely. There is a bar section which leads through into the main restaurant. A band were playing and great to hear live music. Tables are fast food style and a tablecloth would have been nice, but the overall ambiance was good. Plenty of waiting staff who were attentive for the most part. We all decided on a main and a dessert so didn’t have a starter. We had three different dishes for the main which appeared only about five minutes after ordering them. We were given a jug of water but at no point were asked about drinks or offered a wine list and had to ask for one when the mains arrived.

Everyone reported the food as very good and the desserts maintained that standard. The bill was very reasonable and reflected good value.

All in all a very enjoyable lunch experience.

Hi and thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the music at our Jazz Sunday lunch which will now be a monthly feature on the third Sunday of each month (excluding Father's day when it will be the following Sunday). I am pleased that you enjoyed your food and I do apologise that we seemed to miss you out with a drinks order - I will ensure that this is fed back to the team.

We hope to see you for lunch or dinner again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Went to the Brasserie on Saturday night 06/01/18 to celebrate our late staff xmas doo. The food was superb. Service was very very good as well. We arrived later than the time we booked but the waiting and kitchen staff were very accommodating. We didn't feel rushed and we were well looked after! the food was excellent! we ordered a vegetable anti pasti and a new item on the menu, Raclette. My word.... it still makes my mouth water thinking and talking about it, what a pure delight! I am looking forward to taking my wife here very soon

Hi Joshua, many thanks for taking the time to leave your review on this page as well as the main hotel page and as I said before I am delighted that you enjoyed your late Christmas do with us. Hopefully you and the team can enjoy a return visit with us again soon.