ive stayed in many premier inns in the uk but there were a few things i didnt like about this one:
- no breakfast buffet, unlike other pi's, only the toaster, cereals etc. are laid out (in the adjoining pub restaurant) if you want anything hot you have to order it. i dont like that after paying for the unlimited breakfast. i dont know if its always like this as they were also using the back fire door as the main entry which im surprised if thats how theyve been running it in the long term.
- building was more tired, dated and frankly depressing than most pi's, a bit like a retirement home and some fixtures (light and bath curtain rings) in the bathroom were broken
- too far out the center of middlesbrough, but at least it didnt suffer noise problems.
- three weeks after my stay and using the hotels wifi internet, my email and other accounts were hacked in to and as my pc is uninfected i can only narrow it down to insecurities and password harvesting from the hotels wifi network, so be warned.
i would not stay here again given the other options in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just across the River Tees from Teesside Shopping Park, right by Durham University's Queen's Campus ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees/Middlesbrough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees / Middlesbrough Hotel Stockton-On-Tees