“Birthday celebrations ”
Review of Waterworld

Waterworld
Ranked #24 of 123 things to do in Stoke-on-Trent
More attraction details
Owner description: WaterWorld is the UK's number one Tropical Indoor Aqua Park based in Staffordshire. Splash around in a wave pool surrounded by slides, rides and flumes. There is plenty to do for all ages, for weaker and stronger swimmers alike, with a Water's Edge Restaurant where you can lounge and grab a quick bite to eat. We have a choice of meal deals, sharing platters and specialities of the day. Many of the things on our menu are also gluten free, nut free or Halal. Just ask the helpful staff on your next visit. For a dripping good time, WaterWorld also host a range of birthday parties for all ages in its own special beach themed party area. With unlimited time in the pool, birthday buffets as well as goody bags and balloons every child has a whale of a time at a WaterWorld Beach Party. If you're looking for the most happening party every Friday, the Wave Rave is the place to be. With the latest chart toppers, exciting games and competitions with give-aways, it's easy to get fluming excited.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to visit waterworld with a 3 year old and 1 year old. I was impressed with the family cubicles and the large shower areas. My 3 year old grandson was amazed with it and for the first time going swimming soon built confidence. There are lots of different areas and even space for my 1 year old grandson to walk around in the water.
It was a really enjoyable time and we look forward to visiting again.

Dear donnamm1972

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. Your feedback is crucial in driving our business forward and we will continue to make improvements for all of our guests. We are happy to see that our efforts have been acknowledged in your review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you.

All reviews
"outdoor pool"
in 57 reviews
"poolside cafe"
in 25 reviews
"changing rooms were clean"
in 24 reviews
in 30 reviews
"birthday party"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived last Wednesday as it opened at 10:00 and were stuck with a pretty big queue but fortunately it moved quickly. The changing rooms had a lot of cubicles as well as family cubicles which was great for me and the kids.

When entering the pool, the water and air were both lovely and warm which was very inviting. There was plenty of rides to go on from big to small rides and I could even take my youngest on some of the bigger rides if she was sat on my lap which was a nice touch.

We managed to get on the majority of the rides within the first 2 hours with minimal queuing but when it got to around midday, the place became extremely overcrowded. Due to the queues being too long for my liking we decided to sit around the kiddies pool and rest for a bit.

Watching the lifeguards from the kiddies pool was quite amusing, whistling back and forth sometimes looking confused but eventually getting there. I briefly lost my child and I was very panicked as she can't swim but I told the lifeguard from the kiddy area and he asked me a range of questions about her apearence and where I lost her and he rushed around looking for her without a second thought. When I did find her he came up to me and checked if we were both alright which I greatly appreciated. The name on his name tag was Henry so if you could pass on my thanks, he seemed very informative and was always aware of what was going on. Overall I couldn't fault the Lifeguards, all my questions were answered and even though it was busy the lifeguards were very professional.

When entering the pool we were given wrist bands which we were told gave us up to 3 hours but nobody told us that we had to leave so we stayed for the whole day! Around 15:00 the pool started to get less busy and we went back on the big slides from earlier on.

Overall I would definitely come here again as myself and the kids thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I would recommend coming when it is less busy as although we enjoyed ourselves it would have been nice to be able to go on the rides a few more times without the big queues.

Dear KarenFields453

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been to a lot of water-parks like the one at Alton towers and the one in Blackpool and many more around England I must say this is probably the best one due to it having a variety of activity's and slides that are distributed to all abilities and stages of swimming. There is also a lot of variety of stuff for the youngsters and also if your a parent and doesn't want to swim you can sit in the food shop or relax outside on the sunbeds.

Dear Amarjit U

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited waterworld yesterday having not been for several years. All the staff were very welcoming and answered all the questions we had throughout the day. The changing rooms were clean, tidy and warm with good sized changing rooms. We ate lunch and this was well cooked and very nice. I had baked potato with cheese and beans the accompanying salad was a nice touch and I was pleased it looked as though effort had been put in preparing it. Wave machine was a little disappointing bigger waves next time please. All rides we went on were great fun. Overall a fun day. Definately will return.

Dear pinkfirefly123

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Family day out with a 3 and 4 year old and they absolutely loved it. Whilst it's a pricey outing it is worth it. Our boys were able to ride some of the big flumes with us which they loved. There was plenty to keep us all occupied without getting bored or cold.

If you go at the weekend or holidays be prepared for it to get pretty busy.

One point to mention is to make sure you keep your parking receipt. The car park is managed by a private firm. I paid my parking at the machine in the lobby when leaving but received a fine a month later which obviously came as a shock. I contested the fine straight away but was worried as I didn't have my receipt to prove it. After googling it, I found there were others that had the same problem and suggested contacting Tim who is the GM at Waterworld. He replied straight away and was very helpful. The fine was then cancelled after his intervention.

All in all I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Waterworld - great fun for all ages.

Dear Alison S