“Lite lunch with the wife”
Review of Soup Kitchen

Soup Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 261 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Soup Kitchen, at the top of Church Lane overlooking St Mary’s Church, has been run by the Sandy family for over thirty years. We pride ourselves on our freshly cooked food and are so flattered that folk keep coming back time and time again to visit us. When the weather is fine our roof top garden is always popular and it’s a great place to relax and let life pass you by. From Monday to Saturday we are open for breakfasts, morning coffees, lunches and afternoon teas. Everything is homemade and our team in the bake house work throughout the day turning out delicious pastries, cakes and other delicacies. We offer table and self-service.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If you want old world charm, manners that are long gone, lovely setting, food to die for and a selection of food and treats that will blow your mind, then this is the place for you. We have been to the soup kitchen several times, we have never been disappointed, whether it’s a lite bite or a full blown meal you can’t go wrong. Next time you are in Stafford treat yourself.

ralph911, Owner at Soup Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello Alan and thanks for coming to see us from Telford. I am pleased to read that you enjoy your visits to us and that you describe our food as 'to die for'! Many thanks for this glowing recommendation.
Best wishes, Duncan Sandy - owner.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Went in for coffee and a sandwich as a late breakfast/early lunch. There are two sections - the waitress service side and the self service side. The waitresses are in black with little white pinnies and white caps - very Agatha Christie! The service is amazingly friendly and efficient - even on the self-service side there are people to help. The sandwich and coffee were good and reasonably priced. The cakes looked amazing. The place was hotting up for lunch - clearly very popular. I've just checked their website to see the full menu, but there isn't one. A menu on the website would be handy.

ralph911, Owner at Soup Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello Mary and thanks for leaving a review about your visit to us yesterday. I am pleased that you enjoyed your late breakfast/early lunch. I take on board what you write about there being no menu on our website and I will try and get someone much more technical than me to add it. Thanks so much for your kind comments.
Kind regards, Duncan Sandy - owner.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Excellent food great service wonderful staff very helpful polite I have been visiting the soup kitchen for many years and the service and food never falters

ralph911, Owner at Soup Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thanks for continuing to visit us Rosalyn and this kind review is so appreciated. It is so pleasing to read such comments about the folk who help me here.
Best wishes from Duncan Sandy - owner.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We had breakfast here only because it was the first open place we found. Lucky us. The management, waiting staff, kitchen staff and (evidently) the cleaners here are all at the absolute top of their game. We felt like we'd stumbled into some sort of demo by the top of the class at a really good catering college. It became a game in the end - if I put my cutlery together, how many seconds before my plate is cleared? (About ten.) The breakfast was great but even better was seeing service done 100% right. And, yes, the place is beyond spotless. Whoever runs this place, you really know what you are about.

ralph911, Owner at Soup Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Wow, wow, wow, what an incredible review - this has really made my day!
My kindest regards,
Duncan Sandy - the guy who runs the place!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My first visit to Stafford & everyone so friendly,& everyone saying have u been in The Soup Kitchen ,? so we had to do it !
They were so right best cuppa & cake & friendly staff & U can tell they enjoy their work & who wouldn't in such beautiful oldie worldie building ,a real blast from the past ! & soooo looked after ,even the manager mother comes in early morning before opening to clean the "see your face in " gleaming copper pans " that's proud dedication
Not many of these gems of buildings around now everyone "modernising
So what does it say on teapot Families Welcome Children & Grannies Adored my friend & I who meet up once a year from North & South of the U.K. & are both "grannies " thought it was the highlight of our trip !

ralph911, Owner at Soup Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

I am thrilled Gillywild to read that your recent visit to The Soup Kitchen was the highlight of your trip to the area and that you totally approve of the phrase my father, Freddie Sandy, came up with when he first established the business - 'Families Welcome Children & Grannies Adored'. I am happy that we lived up to the recommendations from others you had spoken to in town about us.
Kind regards, Duncan Sandy - owner.