Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2021

Such an amazing experience. Stunning setting to get away from it all. The restaurant was great. As a vegetarian you often feel short changed but not here. It was the best vegetarian food I have has in a long time. Can't wait to come back.

Date of stay: July 2021
Josh Chadwick, General Manager at The Tawny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2021

Dear James,

Thank you for your review, our Executive Head Chef Chris will certainly be pleased to hear you were pleased with the vegetarian options.

We look forward to seeing you soon,

Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

I haven't stayed here yet but I will do, after the wonderful customer service I received over the phone.
I wanted to surprise my friends who are staying there on their honeymoon with a few welcome gifts, the staff couldn't be more helpful. All quick and easy. Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear 829reddh,

Thank you so much for the great review, I am so pleased the Front Office team were able to help with your requests

Hopefully we can welcome you in person to The Tawny in the very near future,

Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

The Tawny experience was amazing. Set in the most magical woodlands and lake surroundings with so much to do and see. This hotel has the most spectacular views looking different from different viewpoints.

Service was amazing and the buggy that took us to from reception to our cabin was such a lovely addition with super friendly and happy staff.

The food at the restaurant was amazing quality with a variety of dishes catering for everyone!

The cabin itself was so beautifully decorated a d thought our, clean and comfortable. Not only the views of the lake breathtaking and so peaceful but we also got to enjoy it with our dog too!

They kindly left a bowl and towel out for him - he didn’t appreciate it but we certainly did and was great to be in a hotel that welcome your best friends.

I recommend this hotel and can’t wait to come back here and make more memories here!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear E8983CEalexandras,

What a fantastic review, thank you so much for the great comments. Our team are really thrilled to hear that they were able to ensure you had a brilliant time hear at The Tawny.

We look forward to welcoming you and the all important fury friend back to The Tawny soon,

Reviewed 18 July 2021

I've just spent two days in this remarkable hotel / destination / park with my wife. We were looking for something different to treat ourselves after lockdown and we thought we'd take a gamble on The Tawny which has literarily just opened (this weekend) and wow what a lucky find. Despite the obvious slight niggles you'd expect with any new venture.. some of the grass is very new and you can still smell the fresh paint in some areas.. Everything about this place is both a surprise and a delight. The Service is incredibly friendly, the location is unbelievably stunning, the accommodation is very high standard and there are only about 20 rooms (as far as I could tell.. spread around this massive parkland site. On top of that there is a lovely pool (swimming as there are lots of lakes also) and to top it all... I think that the restaurant is definitely going to be in the running for a Michelin Star.
Treat yourselves before everyone else finds out about this absolute gem.

Room tip: .. a boathouse (shuttle comes in about 10 mins) the views beautiful.. beds the most comfortable I have slept in.

Dear G8080HHmarkw,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We ae so pleased you had a great stay, you will be pleased to hear we are looking very green across the site, and the shrubbery is flourishing!

I have passed your comments onto the team, and I do hope we can welcome you again in the near future,

Reviewed 17 July 2021

We stayed in a Double Shepherd's Hut. Everything was faultless, amazing comfort and facilities, felt very roomy and tasteful, and the setting takes your breath away.
Wonderful meal in the Plumicorn restaurant, served by charming staff and looking out on that stunning view. We will be back.

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for The Tawny. I am so pleased to hear that you had a great time, and that our staff were charming, they will certainly be pleased to hear!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,