“Lunch time delight”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Have passed this place many times since it was opened and today we decided to give it a go.
First visit, we were greeted at the door by a most pleasant and welcoming lady who showed us to our seats, asked if we had visited before, and then gave a clear and concise instructions on what we had to do. My wife had fish and chips, I had the chilli, both dishes were very good.
The young girl who took my order at the bar, was very pleasant and made ordering a joy.
Good decor, parking is easy, great value for money.

1  Thank Bob M

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This was not our first visit, but we're in the area so decided as it's been a while we'd give it a go. Wrong decision.
The greeter was not around to greet, the bar staff were not over friendly.
We were shown to a table in a busy area even though there were vacant tables. I asked to be seated in the vacant area which did not go well to the waitress.
Our meal was adequate. Lasagne was over cooked with very little filling. A side order of chips at £2.45 (I think) were appalling - tiny dish with hardly any chips. They looked like the remnants of other meals.
The burger was better although it dripped with dark grease.
The waitress brought some ketchup; just as well only one of us wanted it as it would not have been enough.
We will not be going back.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went in today “Easter Sunday” place was really busy but we got a table after the greeter played with the laptop to fit us in. I had the larger roast and the others had normal. The gammon had crispy crackling and the beef beautifully cooked being just pink in the middle. Refill drinks are the other winner in here pay once and drink what you can. A decent meal and well priced. Never had any issues here.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Last minute stop off for some pub food. Didn't have to wait too long for food to come out. Good menu choice. Staff helpful Nice environment

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Hi went for meal in brewers fayre Glastonbury and me and my partner had the carvery and it was absolutely horrible I could not eat it, the green beans were not cooked , the Yorkshire pudding was chewy, the roast potatoes were hard, I will go somewhere else from now on for carvery, the other food is okay