“Very homely, cozy place in a very good location...”
other travellers have booked this property
From the sofa looking across the living room to the kitchen. The view of the kitchen from the living room.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
From the sofa looking across the living room to the kitchen.
The view of the kitchen from the living room.
The stunning view of Glastonbury Tor.  This is what you see when SITTING in the living room.
The double bedroom, there is plenty of storage space.
The second bedroom at Oriel Drive Glastonbury.
Oriel Drive is the top flat on the right
At the back of the property is the cricket field and our private carpark (behind the tree! )
The garden which is shared with the six apartments in the building.
A dull November picture showing the proximity of the apartment to the supermarket - it's so handy!
Photo taken from the first floor landing, we are higher up so a little above this view.
Plenty of private parking
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Swedish first
Any
Veronica...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very homely, cozy place in a very good location, close to everything.”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

We have stayed here many times, we always try to hire one of Barbara's cottages, because they are always super homely and very clean. It is nice, because you know you can rely on the place being very tidy and nice when you arrive. Its a real treat actually. They feel less like an empty hotel and more like someone's home.
We have been travelling for most parts of the year in the last 8 years, (thats is a lot of travelling and many hotels and airbnbs! ) and Glastonbury and Barbaras cottages are actually one of my 3 favourites. You have to book it early during some parts of the year though, because Glastonbury fills up quick, especially in the summer.

17 Nov 2016
It's always a pleasure to welcome our regulars back. Thanks so much for the great review. Regards......Barbara.
Helens_h0...
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
“Central but unhomely and dirty”
Reviewed 8 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

We rented this flat on the AirB&B site but this is a holiday let fom a local Glastonbury holiday rental company not somebody's home.. When we arrived we felt a little as though we were intruding in the small block of flats as the neighbours were looking out of the window watching us unpack the car! I guess they get a little fed up having different neighbours every week!
We unloaded and got our luggage up to the third floor only to find the flat hadn't been cleaned since the last guest! We managed to wash our bedding as there was a washer/dryer.
During our first night the curtain pole in the living room came down. It had obviously happened before as there were already marks of previous diy jobs. We then had light from the 24hour garage glaring in all weekend.
The main thing going for this flat is the location very close to Glastonbury town centre. The photo of the view in the advert is a little misleading...yes you can see the Tor but it is very distant, the immediate view being of Morrisons Supermarket carpark.
I feel I was duped into giving a good review on the AirB&B site as the were numerous signs around the flat requesting you give good reviews. On reflection I feel I should give a more realistic insight into our weekend!!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
11 Nov 2016
This review is nothing more than a spiteful retaliation because I reported you to Airbnb for your deceit. However, if you wish to play tit for tat, I’m game so let’s take these issues one at a time. You booked my small budget apartment for two adults and one child, you have three children. The apartment is listed as suitable for three people maximum, we have a double bedroom and a single bedroom. You paid the winter rate for three people - £70 a night. It is worth noting that the Airbnb and TripAdvisor rules state that if more people arrive than were stated at booking then the homeowner has the right to forbid access and no refund is payable. You were really lucky to even get through the door, if it had been my day for meet and greet you wouldn’t have been accommodated. On arrival, you felt that the neighbours were watching you out of the window as you unpacked the car, they probably couldn’t believe what they were seeing. The apartment was not ready when you arrived because my very reliable housekeeper had a serious family emergency. She arrived very shortly after you and did a full and thorough clean, she didn’t leave you any washing or cleaning. In fact, because you were five and not three you asked for extra bedding, she already had a sheet in the tumble dryer and she said that it was fine for you to use that when it was ready, you only had to open the door and remove the sheet you were not entitled to. The nearby filling station closes at 9pm, any light from there cannot be a problem as the bedrooms are at the back of the apartment, but I suppose you were sleeping in the living room as there were so many of you. That wouldn’t have been a problem either if the curtain rail hadn’t come down – something you didn’t report. My joiner said the fixing was bent as though the curtains had been climbed on, hide and seek perhaps? You can only see the filling station if you go and look out of the window, how could it intrude? I have lived in that apartment myself for months at a time, I have never been disturbed by light or noise. You were ‘duped’ into leaving a good review on Airbnb? Nobody twisted your arm. You left a great review in the visitors’ book too, in fact you loved the apartment until I complained to Airbnb that you lied when making your booking. There is one small note in the apartment asking guests, ‘If you’ve enjoyed your stay please leave us a review on TripAdvisor’, hardly the Spanish Inquisition. It got me thinking though so I checked your previous TripAdvisor reviews, you’ve only left three – all of them bad. It seems you are one of those revenge reviewers. Regarding the neighbours, they like having holiday makers, I know them all personally, they have never suggested that they object to having different guests every week because most of our guests are respectful and decent. We are not a, 'local holiday rental company' nor have we ever claimed to be as that suggests we are agents. We rent out our own four vacation rentals. The photograph of the view of The Tor has not been retouched, I really must get The Tor moved a little closer though as it is obviously not in the right position for you. You abused my hospitality and you left our clean and well furnished apartment in a dirty condition. My housekeeper liked you very much when she met you, she hated you when she had to clean up your mess and she wished she’d phoned me on day one to tell me that there were five guests in residence. We have never had a bad review but we knew that one day there would be someone, we’re just glad that we are uncovering a lie and not trying to defend the truth as truth is clearly a stranger to you. It’s been fun having this merry banter with you but I am thankful that I won’t be dealing with you and your family in the future, you’re not right for our holiday homes and we are clearly not right for you. We expect a fairly decent standard of conduct and we certainly don’t cram five people into a small apartment for £70, nobody does, because that would be stupid. Finally, your vindictive review is because I wrote on Airbnb that ‘This guest booked for three people but in fact there were five people staying and I am not happy’, I think my comment was fairly mild really. You responded that you were surprised I objected to a ‘couple of babies’. Your children range in age from about three to eight, I would have thought that was worth a mention. Our booking policy has now changed, we no longer accept small children in this apartment. Or liars.
Derek Y
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very Good - Recommended”
Reviewed 20 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The flat is clean and tidy, with everything you need for a short stay. Location is ideal for a 3 minute walk to central Glastonbury. The view of the Tor from the front window is as you see in the advert - however what is not shown is that it also overlooks the Morrisons supermarket car park. This might be an advantage - Morrisons is very handy - so not intended as a criticism - just a clarification. Also to be pointed out are the three flights of stairs to be climbed to the flat - maybe this is clear in the advert - I can't remember. Dealings with the owner were very efficient and courteous. Would definitely recommend this for a stay in Glastonbury.

9 Nov 2016
Hi. Thanks for the review. Just to clarify, the flat is on the second floor, I don't want people thinking it's on the third floor. We do make it clear that it isn't suitable for people with reduced mobility. I will take some new photos regarding the position of the apartment just so that people are definitely aware of the supermarket, I always feel it's a great advantage to have Morrisons so close as I like to shop every day rather than get in the car and go for a big shop. I'm glad you had a good holiday and I thank you for taking the time to review us,
Annemiek...
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“Great appartment”
Reviewed 8 May 2016 for a stay in January 2016

A great place to stay when you want to be in Glastonbury. Well furbished, everything you'll need is present. A view of the Tor from the lounge and walking distance into town. Barbara is very caring and was very helpful in other arrangements I needed to make for my stay. Highly recommended!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very complete apartment, including fully equipped kitchen
Liked least: Something to be aware of is that the apartment is at the top of two flight of stairs
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
9 May 2016
Thank you so much for the review, I'm glad you had such a good Glastonbury experience. Hope to meet you next time.
RFPalmer
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Excellent, a lovely place to stay.”
Reviewed 16 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Lovely Apartment.
The apartment was very quiet and convenient for all the attractions in Glastonbury.
We could not fault this holiday.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and comfort.
Liked least: Nothing
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
17 Apr 2016
Thank you so much and thank you for booking again for later in the year. Xx
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing