“Delicious”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 24
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tagine Zhor is an authentic Moroccan restaurant run by the Casablancan Moroccan born owner. He takes pride in his Fez cuisine because it is based on traditional recipes that have been passed down from his loving Fez born grandmother "zhor" to him. It is the only finest Moroccan restaurant in Bath and probably in the whole South West of England. The perfect place to experience real Moroccan food cooked and served in a distinctive and traditional manner together with genuine warm hospitality in absolute beautiful Moroccan surroundings. Most meals begin with the simple selection of hot and cold mezze which might include hommos, Olives and Baba Ghannouj served with flat bread. The Tagine may come next served with Cous Cous, rice or Bread. It is a stew made of lamb, Chicken, Fish, Beef, kofta and Basilla. A single plate of dessert will usually consist of baklawas . They are sweet pastries dripping in honey or dusted in icing sugar marks the end of the meal before fresh mint tea or Arabic coffee are served. Do not forget to take a seat on outdoor terrace and enjoy the Shisha pipe and its flavour of tobacco. Also pay a visit to our gem Bazaar Shop downstairs featuring beautiful and unique handmade Moroccan items "great idea for gifts"
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a plate of cold mezze to start, and it was all amazing. It was a mix of interesting and more unusual dishes such as beetroot with orange blossom, and some old favourites, like baba ganoush, done really very well. For my main I had chicken shawarma. It was not bad but a little disappointing as was served like a fajita (even with mozzarella and lettuce and tortilla wraps!). It was very tasty but not what I thought I was going to get! My partner had the kofte tagine, which was great.

The ambience of the place was lovely. Perfect lighting and size for an intimate group. The waiter was great and really knowledgeable about the food.

1  Thank Amy_ME1

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Having managed to get tickets to the theatre we weren’t sure where to eat, but didn’t want to go to the usual suspects - stumbled across this wonderful little place. The service was unobtrusive but good, the atmosphere relaxed - but it was the food that was outstanding. A range of flavours, with spices used to enhance rather than overwhelm the taste. An absolutely delightful meal and lots of it. Would highly recommend the early diner option before a theatre trip.

1  Thank Orpheuk
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The starters were good. We ordered a mixed platter. Lovely atmosphere- really cosy. The mains were nice however the cous cous wasn't to my taste. Good service though!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The menu sounds enticing and tasty and we were really looking forward to tucking in however when the food arrived- it was a big let down. I had the ‘Kofta Tagine’ for my main and the meatballs had no flavour to them whatsoever and were extremely dry. The sauce tasted like it was from a standard chopped tomato tin. My boyfriend had the ‘B’stila B’jej’ and that was disappointing. Cinnamon was heavily over used as the topping and the chicken was very dry so wasn’t much sauce used.

Also with the set menu - it worked out cheaper to ask for the starter and main separately when they take your order rather than make a point you want it from the set menu. Not sure if this applies to all of the dishes. But there was a £3 price difference for what I chose.

One Male waiter was blunt and sarcastic when serving us and hosting as front of house and the other was pushing us to buy the most expensive starter on the menu

Overall, I wouldn’t go back. But maybe we just picked the wrong dishes.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Food and service are horrendous, me and my partner waited 1.5h for sharing platter to arrive. Staff/management did not acknowledge the delay and left us waiting followed by full priced bill. I do not recommend this restaurant to go to.