“Saturday night in Bath”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2018

We stayed here on a Saturday night in December. We were there for a theatre trip. Friendly welcome. Room was at top - long way up. It was small but satisfactory. There was noise from he street, but when you stay in the centre of Bath- this is surely to be expected! Bed was comfortable and we had a good sleep. Breakfast was in the restaurant. There was limited choice of the cold selection - the cooked breakfast was freshly cooked and very tasty - would stay there again.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I ordered the fish grill which had been kept under heat for long enough to have a telltale super hot plate and dried food. The sauté potatoes were inedible and appeared to be reheated, over cooked and unpleasantly dark. The fish was not bad and the mussels were delicious so overall just a slightly disappointing meal.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
josh m, Manager at Loch Fyne - Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Emmard,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise on your recent stay with us at Loch Fyne Bath. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and improve the service that we provide to our valued guests.

I was very disappointed to read your experience during your stay with us. Despite an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity. I certainly empathise regarding the points in your review, especially quality of the sauté potatoes and the dried out food that your received. This is level of service is certainly not acceptable.

This matter has been taken up with the concerned party and will be a main focus of service to ensure food hasn't dried out and is cooked thoroughly. I hope that this hasn't put you off a return meal with us again.

Kind regards,

Loch Fyne Management

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Chose this restaurant as we don't have a Loch Fyne near where we live and we enjoy fish. The atmosphere was pleasant and service good. Menu offered a good choice of fish as well as some meat dishes. Food was well presented and cooked although scallops for starter were overcooked.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Standard Loch Fyne menu. Oysters good also mussels for starters.
Main couse, I had seafood tagliatelli- good; my companion had smoked haddock also good.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

It was my partners birthday present and we both have such fond memories of this restaurant we were both very excited to revisit this establishment.

We ordered bread and olives to start ...... That was fine
Then we ordered Fish Soup and Scallops and chorizo....... Very average
Mains...........Fish Grill and Fish Stew.........

Whilst waiting for our food to arrive I noticed the cooks acting in a very unprofessional manner. They were chatting away in a loud fashion so that everyone could hear what they were saying, laughing out loud, slouching about, and even one was on a mobile phone in full view of everybody and the other was drinking coffee.

More concerning for me was the constant pinging of a microwave! Our end bill was almost £100......... Why on earth am I expected to pay this much money for microwave meal...... What has happened to a once fabulous fish restaurant?

Couldn't have been anymore dissapointed with the standard of the FISH in a fish restaurant. Very upset, it spoilt our evening.