“Quiet but a bit chaotic”

Assembly Rooms Cafe by Searcys
Ranked #306 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Reviewed 1 week ago

The Assembly Rooms are elegant and atmospheric, but although the prices in the cafe are quite reasonable, it does not keep up the same standard of classieness. I ordered a cup of tea and presented my 'money off' voucher I had got a with my combined ticket. However, I had to buy something to eat before it could apply. Not great for anti obesity! The cafe was taking a delivery while I was there, and I didn't get the feeling that serving me was the top priority with the staff. However, my tea was delicious, two proper cups in the pot, and the piece of cake kept me going until 2.30 from 10.45!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

got 15 percent off food as used a bus ticket. really nice place spoiled by the young man who was serving. quite dower and unhelpful. food really reasonably priced and tasty but felt he could have done with having some customer care training. all a bit of an effort for him and not helpful at all. shame

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Great setting in a magnificent room but the 'barista' was incredibly slow. Best to avoid when school/student parties are visiting.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Friendly helpful staff...........excellent coffee........my daughter and I reviewed the museum catalogue to identify pieces we particularly wanted to see...........

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Good if unspectacular egg sandwiches, with salad and nachos... good value, with friendly service. What makes this cafe worth a visit is the surroundings walking through the ground floor of the assembly rooms to the wonderful space that is the cafe.. I loved the background music... which included some Vivaldi! Not often one can say that. Great stuff.