2,134 results
All reviews cloisters restaurant conservatory bar hand picked hotels handpicked hotels new wing the main house lovely hotel executive room coffee machine afternoon tea fresh milk in the fridge buffet style main restaurant city centre every member of staff dvd player bath centre
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for just the one night but will definitely be going back. It was a 'Sunday night special' and proved to be excellent value for money. Our executive room was very spacious and it was the little things that made the difference - like the motion sensitive nightlight in the bathroom and the bottle of fresh milk for our tea / coffee rather than those uht cartons that spill everywhere. The food was excellent and the warm scones served for our cream tea were definitely 10/10. The staff were very efficient without being over bearing. As I say we'll definitely be going back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

Dear Sandra O,
Thank you for the kind words following your Sunday night "cream tea" break. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to that return visit.
yours sincerely,

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Stayed in an Executive room in the new wing and was slightly disappointed at first at not staying in the main house, until I saw the room....wow.....lovely room with huge bathroom. The evening meal was great with very attentive staff. The breakfast in the morning is just what was expected - a nice buffet job......close to bath and will visit again.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Pickledsausage
What a great Trip Advisor name! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to welcoming you back to Bath as promised.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Last weekend was my son's wedding and the guys at Bailbrook House did us proud. The venue is great: a big country house extended tastefully to a large hotel with extensive grounds. People make hotels and the guys at Bailbrook House are second to none, they were delightful to work with, nothing was too much trouble. Special mention must go to the maintenance men, normally the unseen heros. There had been a problem with the heating but these guys worked tirelessly to get it right and they did!
The event was well managed, the food was delightful and we have had nothing but compliments from our friends on the day. Thanks Bailbrook House Team you did us proud. I would recommend you look seriously at Bailbrook House as the venue for your fuction, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Room tip: Pay the extra and stay in the old house.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Dear Woodie48,
May I thank you for your kind comments following your son's Wedding here at Bailbrook House Hotel at the weekend.
It is a delight for our Hotel to be chosen to host special occasions and none come more special than your son's wedding. We are so pleased that his big day went perfectly and thank you for your kind recommendation.
It means a lot to our team,

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Night away treat from family for golden wedding. Afternoon tea superb and evening meal in the cloisters very special. Shocked at the price of the wine!! £36!!! Slightly disappointed with the size of the bathroom, my arm rested on the loo roll which promptly fell on the floor and needed grubscrew tightened. All staff attentive and friendly without exception. Breakfast again was very special with superb staff. Will go again but a jacuzzi and/or sauna would be good in a hotel of this size. Perhaps I should have enquired in advance but there was no discernible disabled parking and I struggled with the walk from the car park.

Room tip: If disabled, enquire in advance to secure a room close to restaurant etc., we didn't and were located on second floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear 983 Graham,
May I thank you for your kind and helpful feedback. I am sorry to hear about the toilet roll holder and car park access. We do have marked assisted spaces at the top of our car park and will happily make a space private nearer the reception on request.
We hope that we may do that next time you visit.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

We had one of the feature rooms in the old party of the hotel. It was luxurious and well appointed. It's worth paying extra for these rooms. Breakfast in the cloister was all we hoped with a wide selection of quality food. Dinner in the cloister restaurant was perfect re quantity and quality. The staff were of course attentive and polite. The wal to the city is 40 mins and takes you past interesting small shops.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Dear Martin V,
May I thank you for your brilliant feedback. It has made my day and I will enjoy sharing it with all of our team hear at Bailbrook House Hotel.
kindest regards,