Review Highlights
Pleasant half day tour

This half day tour from Bath fit nicely into our schedule after visiting the Roman Baths and doing... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
WLRLAW
Little Rock, Arkansas
Great tour

A nice tour to the Stonehenge, about an hour drive away, the tour gives some facts and points out... read more

Reviewed 10 November 2018
Sightseer39370914816

Recommended experiences in and around Bath
from US$ 64.10
from US$ 25.60
from US$ 61.50
from US$ 134.60
More Info
All reviews visit stonehenge purple bus great tour abbey hotel driver john comfortable ride interesting points half day tour meeting point small bus our tour guide explore bath two hours interesting things roman baths journey tickets
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We were staying in Bath and looking for an easy way to get to Stonehenge without having to connect through Salisbury when we stumbled upon Scarper Tours. We’re not into large group tours, so we were hesitant at first, but this turned out to be the perfect option. We easily found the pick-up location, the mini-bus was clean and comfortable, our guide pointed out a few highlights along the way, and our tickets were organized in advance. Once there, we had a few (~2) hours to tour Stonehenge on our own with our audio guides, before returning to Bath. It was everything we wanted.

Date of experience: August 2017
2  Thank crmerkel
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I had a day to myself to fill while my daughter worked. I decided to go to Stonehenge and booked through Scarper. It was well worth the trip. It offers a comfortable ride with an informative guide. They left us with plenty of time to thoroughly visit the site, but not too much. I would recommend them.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Were planning to drive to Stonehenge as part of our short break to Bath but noticed that there were guided tours being done straight out of the heart of the city. So glad we noticed as it was amazing and our guide Chris was funny and informative for the short 1 hour out of the city. Brilliant journey with plenty of fun facts as we went along. Highly recommend Scarper Tours and especially our driver Chris (the purple buses are also really easy to spot at all times which was an added bonus!). Will definitely use again on our next visit to Bath.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Hubby and I were going to drive there ourselves. But after seeing this we're glad we didn't. Chris our driver was very entertaining and pointed out places of interest on the way. He sorted out our tickets when we got there and told us where everything was.. we sat at the back of the bus on the way there and it was so bumpy. We couldn't stop laughing about it.. the only complaint is that the bumps put fake steps on our step counter haha..

Reviewed 24 September 2017

The bright purple of the buses and the shirts of the staff made it easy to locate and keep track of them. We used this company for a tour from bath to Stonehenge. The driver was very personable and delivered helpful hints as we went along, including the Uffington White Horse, something I had heard about as a child. He organised our tickets for Stonehenge and clearly advised us on what was to be expected. I would definitely use this company again.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank tonig438
Sally H, Owner at Scarper Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thanks for the lovely review Toni G.
The purple buses and t-shirts make it very easy for our customers to find us and give us a clear identity so I'm glad you found them useful. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels... Best wishes!