“Birthday treat”

Thermae Bath Spa
Ranked #1 of 17 Spas & Wellness in Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Thermae Bath Spa is Britain's only natural thermal Spa and benefits from the warm, mineral-rich waters which the Celts and Romans enjoyed over 2,000 years ago. Located in the heart of the World Heritage city of Bath, Thermae is a remarkable combination of five historic buildings and the contemporary architecture of the New Royal Bath. Highlights include the open-air rooftop pool with wonderful views over the city of Bath, the flowing curves of the Minerva Bath, the multi-sensory Wellness Suite and a choice of over 50 spa treatments and packages.
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing visit that included a Roman trilogy treatment for myself. A really special relaxing day with fantastic facilities. We visited on a Saturday and it was incredibly busy, too busy to feel truly relaxed but with the treatment it was wonderful. I think I would prefer to visit mid week, presumably less busy.

We had booked in advance and I’m glad I had as there was a 60min queue when I arrived.

All reviews
in 76 reviews
"two hours"
in 457 reviews

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Good place, the rooftop pool has a lovely view but is smaller than the pictures suggest. The spa is very overcrowded but well serviced.

Steam, sauna and associated rooms are decent - overall a good experience

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

This place costs £40 for two hours with no concessions. You can barely swim and use the other spa facilities and relax in that time. In any German spa (and there are hundreds of these Therme spa towns), you could use such hot spring and swim facilities all day for such an extortionate sum. Whilst the Thermae calls itself the only one in the UK, it is not really that special.

Date of experience: November 2018
ThermaeB, Manager at Thermae Bath Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent visit to Thermae Bath Spa.

We respect your views on the price of entry and we try our best to make Thermae Bath Spa as accessible as possible. Most of our customer feedback suggests that many of our guests believe Thermae to be good value for money, so we do apologise that you feel this way.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We hope that you will consider visiting again in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

This place is truly unique and worth every penny. you get 2 hours plus a half hour changing time to spend inside this beautiful building. There is so much to do though, it isn't easy to fit it all in...so I shall definitely return.
The jewel in the crown is the roof top open air spa with the rooftop views of Bath. Lovely warm mineral water which is quite deep (no under 16's allowed) so you float with the help of noodles. There is an area where jets come on at intervals which is fun to experience. I went on a cold autumn morning, but the sun shone so strongly that I regretted not having sunglasses and a sunhat with me.
On the next level down you find a very comprehensive spa area. I loved the heated chairs with the stars sparkling on the ceiling and the huge screen showing nasa images. The saunas and steam rooms are huge as is the refreshing ice room. The lowest level has a huge spa pool with a lazy river which is really relaxing.

No photography is allowed and you have to leave electronic devices in the locker provided.
A perfect present, or a super indulgence, it is both a relaxing and enjoyable experience.

Date of experience: October 2018