“Excellent spa experience”

Thermae Bath Spa
Ranked #1 of 17 Spas & Wellness in Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Thermae Bath Spa is Britain's only natural thermal Spa and benefits from the warm, mineral-rich waters which the Celts and Romans enjoyed over 2,000 years ago. Located in the heart of the World Heritage city of Bath, Thermae is a remarkable combination of five historic buildings and the contemporary architecture of the New Royal Bath. Highlights include the open-air rooftop pool with wonderful views over the city of Bath, the flowing curves of the Minerva Bath, the multi-sensory Wellness Suite and a choice of over 50 spa treatments and packages.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have now visited the spa several times. Will definitely go again. Was last there in nov 2017 with both my mother and mother-in-law and they both loved it. My only criticism is the food in the spring restaurant/ cafe. Over priced and underwhelming. It is not on par with other elements of the spa experience. As I have now been several times I know it’s not a one off.

All reviews
in 431 reviews
"warm water"
in 175 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

As in Rome so to speak!! Went to the thermal spa and £36 of disappointment! Very crowded and had to queue for ages to get in! The steam and sauna very mild as door kept opening and closing!! Space room very disappointing and a little cheesy! Rooftop pool nice but so crowded and jacuzzi pods vry temperamental!! Good if you got money n time to spare in Bath but generally was expecting more n better

ThermaeB, Manager at Thermae Bath Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that your enjoyed our Rooftop Pool, however we are sorry that other aspects of your visit left you feeling disappointed.

We acknowledge your remarks on the spa being crowded. As Bath is a popular destination for days out and short breaks, Saturdays & Sundays tend to be the busiest days at the Spa, however there can also be the occasional busy period during the week. We are constantly mindful of the number of visitors admitted into Thermae Bath Spa and we apologise if you felt the spa was overcrowded.

We respect your views on the price of entry and we try our best to make Thermae Bath Spa as accessible as possible. Most of our customer feedback suggests that many of our guests believe Thermae to be good value for money, so we do apologise that you feel this way.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had prebooked the "thermae together" package and actually ended up in the spa from 12 until 6.45, almost 7 hours! We loved both the indoor and rooftop pools and the use of pool floats was a nice touch and added to the relaxation. The smells in each of the steam rooms were lovely. Although skeptical at first the ice room was actually a good way to cool off! We went in the celestial room to see what it was about. We had to keep checking for space as only 5 people can fit in there. It was relaxing but a little ruined by people continuously opening the door to check for space. The food we had in the restaurant was lovely and plentiful. Our massages were brilliant and we felt totally relaxed after. We felt it was a good decision to have our treatment at the end of our experience as we were so chilled out that we didn't really want to get back into the pools abyway!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We me and my husband were very lucky to have a Christmas present - Massage 2 course lunch and use of the facilities with Robe Towel and Slippers.
First the Massage - absolutely gorgeous 50 minutes of pure heaven
Then up to the top open air pool with Jacuzzi on every now and again
Lunch next - gorgeous gorgeous - healthy served meal presented superbly
Down to the bottom lovely pool area with moving water all the time
Middle area - newly refurbished - Infra ray area, two steam rooms - a ice room (different) and a shower jet area, the bird noises did get on my nerves but still delightful
Back to the top to savour the Bath area looking at the church steeples
yes it got busier and busier - so get there as early as possible
Oh Yes we will be back - we do live 2 hours away so unfortunately not as often as we would like
Keep up the good work- lovely staff - very clean

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I visited the spa for my friends birthday and we had a lovely time (especially on the rooftop pool, this was so relaxing and just what we needed). I was very disappointed in the food, I ordered the chicken and I found a dead fly in my potatoes! This obviously put my friends off their meal as a few of them also had the chicken. All I was offered was a free desert! If i was to return i definatly would not be eating in their resturant.

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a lovely time, but we are sorry your experience was dampened by your meal in the restaurant.

We aim to provide our visitors with a great experience while at Thermae Bath Spa, and this includes the service we provide in our restaurant. We are disappointed to hear your comments, and we have passed on these notes to both our Restaurant Manager and Head Chef.

Once again, we thank you for your review and hope that you will consider visiting Thermae Bath Spa again in the future.