“Birthday ”

Ranked #3 of 628 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BOOKING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. We are closed from 1st-14th August, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Easter Sunday & from 1st-14th January. Situated just a few steps away from the Roman Baths, our attractive and atmospheric restaurant is located in a charming candle lit historical cellar of natural Bath stone with vaulted ceilings throughout, and resembles the cavernous cellars of an Italian grotto.The main characteristic of our cuisine is its simplicity. We rely on the quality of our ingredients rather than on elaborate preparation.We also like to offer traditional Italian dishes with a contemporary twist because we strongly believe in those 'Sapori' (flavours).With our finest ingredients coming from Italy, and all of our fresh vegetables, seafood and meats sourced locally, we are able to ensure high quality dining that will exceed your expectations.
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The meal and service was 5 star, felt thoroughly spoiled and my Gluten Free requirement fully catered for. Thank you for absolutely delicious food and wonderful service!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Sunday night. Really busy. Only available table was at 6pm. Food beautifully cooked and presented. Had the mushrooms and the sea bass for mains. Staff very attentive. Service was quick. Would recommend

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I am such a fan of this restaurant and I have enjoyed many an excellent meal here over many years. Waited 2 months for our booking and was so disappointed with the menu offerings with regard Italian dishes. Checked out the menu before visiting but thought oh well I am sure they will have some appetising specials!...but oh no...on the night when I asked what the specials were I was told there are none!!. My party had steaks (not particularly cooked well) or calf liver and to my mind we can go to any restaurant in Bath for that type of meal. I remember a time in this restaurant when you were spoiled by the choice of Italian dishes.....come on Sotto Sotto please don’t lose your roots.

6  Thank Rachel E
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Our welcome here was so warm considering we were so early for our table. They fitted us in a early and the atmosphere was relaxed and very cosy.
It was my husband's 40th birthday and they discretely made a fuss of him. Would recommend to anyone visiting Bath

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Went to Sotto Sotto for a night out with some friends but the only fabulous thing about the evening was the company.

We had a very sweet Scottish/Italian waiter who wanted to make things as good as possible but the food was ‘ok’ at best. Dessert was a disaster even by the chefs and waiters own admission (and omitted from the bill as a result).

Have eaten here thrice before but today was a real shame.

3  Thank FrightenedFlier