See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I have to be honest. Not very impressed. I had reviews prior to getting to the hotel and it's obvious why there are so many negative ones. Its a nice place with friendly staff but if you have heavy luggage its the most dreadful climb of steps and opening heavy doors that I fail to understand their use. Alot of wear and tear aswell.

Stayed: September 2017
3  Thank Nikolas L
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I arrived early as i knew parking was a problem, but free parking (if you are lucky enough to get there for it) is a big bonus so I was pleased even though the car park is a tight fit in a little yard. The hotel looks like it was once a really regal place but now run independently of any chain doesn't have the investment it needs. I don't mind dated decor as it's a dated character building but there were signs of wear on carpets. My room was long and narrow with the only lights being the desk lamp and bedside lamp at the far end of the room (no ceiling light) so in the dark nothing to light up my way into the room. Check the ceiling in the photo - all that's there is the smoke alarm. The en suite looks like it's been converted from a wardrobe- take a look at the photo there's not enough room for the toilet flush to go the proper way. As for how I slept, not great I had one thin pillow. The shower was good with plenty of hot water, but only a tiny hand basin. Also maybe a hook on the back of the door for the towel would be useful.
I found the staff friendly and although I'd look elsewhere first I would return if I was in the area. I have stayed in better places at lower prices but I guess the location dictates what they charge as other places are dearer. So if you simply want a roof over your head and the chance (mid week - seems they charge over the weekend) of free parking and don't intend spending much time in the place then you'll survive just don't expect too much else.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank gappygrin
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

So, I admit this hotel is nothing to really get excited about. It's pretty old and has a funky smell and the furniture is a bit random BUT the location is brilliant. I stayed with a friend for 2 nights, the bed was pretty uncomfortable but that being said it's not going be as nice as the memory foam at home! Our room was clean and we had a decent tv, shower and kettle. The staff were nice, helped us with directions once or twice. We left our suitcases in the 'suite' all day after check out with no issues at all. All in all it was an okay stay, I wouldn't rush back as it's kinda pricey for what you get. Oh, a bar would be nice though!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank BlueGirl123
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Do not book a room here.On arrival we were greeted with shabby car park with shopping trolly full of empty cans!then to be told we had to pay 10 pounds per day to park.Things got worse when we went inside, it was filthy, the staff were either outside smoking or tucking into chips while they were supposed to be working on reception.Rude and not welcoming at all.Bedroom and bathroom dated and dirty.Hairdryers advertised to be in all rooms, I left with wet hair yesterday!!To be charging their prices they need to be looking after people a bit better.Sorry Bath won't be coming back.

Room Tip: not in this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We booked this after seeing the pictures on booking.com, not quite sure where they got the pics from but it wasn't anything like I saw. we were with our elderly parents and were put on the first floor, the carpets were bunched up, probably a health and safety issue, trip hazard so we got them put in ground floor rooms. Our bed was a camp bed, the floor tiles in the toilet/bathroom were cracked and broken, rotten floor. I would not recommend this place to back packers, no atmosphere a complete dump, sorry I hate doing negative reviews

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family