“A true find in a busy city”
Review of Greenways

Greenways
Ranked #107 of 155 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Greenways was only a short walk, on the level,from Bath city centre.When we arrived Pat was most welcoming and our Twin room was clean and bright.
As we were on a B and B tariff and needed to have an evening meal she went through a short, but comprehensive (pricewise) list of possible restaurants which had been recommended to her by previous guests.
Breakfast (Full English or Continental) was served in a pleasant consrvatory.
We would thoroughly recommend a stay at Greenways. The price is reasonable and Pat is a very approachable lady-eager to help all she can!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 November 2009

Booked this B&B on 4th September through Laterooms. Laterooms phoned the proprieter while I was on hold to conform the booking. On 21st November I emailed Greenways to say what time we would be arriving. Three days later I had a curt reply to say she had no record of my booking. I phoned to ask what was going on. Unfortunately the landlady needs some lessons in customer service. She was extremely unhelpful and said she was full. Whoever is booked into my rooom would have done so after I booked it; however I am the one to not going!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Weekender54_9
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Greenways really was a very poor excuse for a b&b.

We must of got off to a bad start with PAT the somewhat strange owner.After making our booking over the phone in which we assured her we would arrive no later then 1pm.We recieved a phone call the next morning at 9am from Pat asking if we had left yet as she had things to do.We then got a second phone call from Pat at 12.15pm which i kindly ignored as i dont like being harrassed......She left a message asking how long we would be??

When we arrived at greenways Pat greeted us at the door gave us a parking permitt and pointed us to our room,she was of course in a hurry and we were somewhat getting in the way of her busy schedule.

The room was a little strange it had a bathroom with no sink which was in the bedroom, the bathroom door was broken and didnt shut properly which ment you couldn't lock it either. there was a few strange stains around the room which was a little uncomforting.The matress was very hard with springs almost popping through.

The location was the high point its only a short 10 mins or so walk in to town.

Breakfast is a little on the lowbudget side when it comes to the ingredients griselly sausages, low quality bacon. Considering we were charged £80 a night for a sub standered room the breakfast matched our already low expectations.

The final insult was on the Friday morning. I was sitting at the breakfast table tucking in to a bowl of cornflakes. When Pat strolled up and explaned that we would have to move our car immediately onto her drive as she had forgotten to give us our parking permit for the last day.
I got the car keys from the room and moved the car which took a little longer then expected due to the school run traffic all of 3 mins!! When i got out of the car Pat ask WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG?? HAD I GOT LOST?? She had also in the meantime got my girlfriend to go out the front and look for me as she was feed up holding the gate open Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

BY FAR THE WORST B&B I HAVE EVER STAYED IN?

I dont think Pat grasped the concept that i am the paying customer and not some live in lodger!!
I feel that this day and age everyone expects a certain level of customer service and this B&B fulls woofully short.

House of horros You Have been warned!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank exptrav79
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Greenways is in a perfect position for the city centre. We were upgraded to a four poster bed at no extra cost. The owner was very helpful regarding places to visit and places to eat. A very pleasant stay indeed. Spotlessly clean and a really nice breakfast each morning. Great value for money, would recommend to our family and friends and will be going back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Three things dictate whether a hotel stay is injoyable, the location, the room and the staff.

Location: Greenways is situated in a quiet residential area, very peaceful when you're trying to sleep, but is only a fifteen minute walk from the hub of the city. I left my car in the driveway and walked.

Room: The room was clean and nicely decorated. The en suite was a little unusual, as the sink was in the bedroom and not in the bathroom, but it was comfortable. Tea nad coffee makings were supplied, linen and towels clean and the room serviced each day. The double bed was a litle small, but at 6'3" I'm used to that in hotel rooms.

Staff: The landlady was friendly and willing to be flexible over things like breakfast times. She encouraged a family feel to the stay, chatting to us at breakfast, enquiring about the previous days activities.

All in all, a pleasant stay

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple