1,399 results
All reviews hot tub gin bar cobbled street city pad raven pub loft apartment queen street car park one way system city hotel central location no lift lovely little hotel top floor small hotel the main hotel roman baths
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here for one night whilst on business in Bath.

A warm welcome from a member of staff who processed my booking and showed me my room and explained breakfast and night access.

Room was very nicely decorated and spacious, located at front of the hotel. As the weather was mild I left the windows open but there was some noise until around 11.30 from bar across the street, this did not stop me from sleeping though but worth considering other room options if a light sleeper.

I didn’t take the breakfast so cannot comment on that.

The only criticism would be on check out, I had pre paid so just needed to pick up my invoice, the member of staff on duty the next morning, hardly spoke and I left without a smile, goodbye or a thank you which left me a little disappointed. It won’t stop me staying again but personality of the front of house staff is so important when wanting to make lasting impression on a guest.

A genuinely nice hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
sullyBath, Owner at Harington's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Jayne, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Great to see you found your room to be to your liking. Next time you stay you will have to have breakfast, it is a real highlight!

I could not agree with you more that personality at front of house is so important, that is why i was so disappointed to see you comments about your check out. I do apologies for our failings here, I will highlight your comment at our next staff meeting about the importance of recognizing people in the right way. It is something we usually get right, I promise we will do much better on your return. Many Thanks Peter

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I live in a Grade 2 listed building so I know the problems & sympathise - no double glazing etc.

The room was a good size on the 1st floor (good), as we weren't looking forward to lots of stairs. It was quirkily furnished & the bed was comfortable. The shower room was beautifully fitted. The breakfast was especially good - full range of continental & cooked (see pix), in an elegant room.

Staff were all very pleasant & tried to be helpful, at check in, dealing with non-functioning lights (unsuccessfully) & checkout.

We had a problem with the bathroom window (louvred) which allowed a draught that caused the blind to rattle constantly (it was a windy night) which we reported on check out. The intermittent- continuous bathroom extractor & a ?boiler extractor? nearby were also a bit noisy.
The lighting in the room is very subdued so difficult when trying to read papers for a meeting & not helped by two non-functioning lights that couldn't be fixed (replaced one bulb, still didn't work, one bulb could not be removed).

We chose the hotel because of the parking but it proved rather inconvenient. Ten minutes on foot but extremely circuitous in the car to get to & return the parking permit.

I would stay here again if travelling by train. It's a pity that the outlook at the back couldn't be tidied (presume it belongs to other buildings).

Room Tip: Quieter at back
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Hello Cornish Traveller, thank you for the many positive comments on your recent stay with us at Harington's Hotel. Great to see you found your room to be of a good size, along with our wonderful bathrooms. Breakfast at Harington's is something that we take great pride in and its great to see your positive comments.

Needless to say I'm disappointed to see some aspects did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately as you mentioned the external garages do not belong to the hotel so we don't have any control over that property. I have checked the lights in the room you stayed and all are working fine, I think the issue was there is a switch on the light which people sometimes switch off instead of at the wall and people sometimes can get confused by this, so I do apologize. As you can imagine when you are in such a central location parking is at a premium and thus no central Bath hotel has on-site parking. We have reserved bays in Charlotte street which means guests don't have to hunt for a space which can be very frustrating and time consuming. Also the bathroom does have an isolation switch for the extractor in the bathroom, if the timer on it was too long for you.

I do hope you give us another opportunity to really impress you on your next visit to Bath! Many Thanks Peter

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night and loved it! Very nice common area with a honesty bar, there are even board games such as draughts which you can play for free. Rooms are a grand size and served us well. Staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming and the location is brilliant!

Couldn't have asked for more! Thaks for a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi James, thank you for the fantastic review. The honesty bar is proving very popular with our guests, who love getting in there and mixing their own drinks. Of course we are happy to serve guests also should they prefer. Hope to see you again soon. Regards Peter

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend and it was perfect in every way. Lovely room , breakfast good staff really friendly! Located right in the centre of bath so great for exploring . Will defiantly return

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello, Thank you for the glowing review. Great to see you had such a great stay with us, I hope we can have the pleasure of you returning again very soon! Regards Peter

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Staff were very friendly and highly attentive throughout our stay.

The room was spacious and furnished well, liked the coffee pod’s.

Great breakfast with a range of different options.

They offer a good parking option, which is reasonably priced. We booked this ahead of our visit and it’s a 5-10 minute walk away from the hotel.

The only thing I would improve about this hotel is some of the decor. Certain hallways could do with a bit of TLC, particularly those around the staircase off the night entrance.

But, it has to be said that the best thing about this hotel is the location. The centre of the city is literally 2 minutes away from the hotel, so you don’t need to bother with too much walking or any taxis.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Matt
Thanks so much for the great review. I was delighted to see you really loved our breakfast! We cook everything to order each morning and have a great selection of items on our buffet table also. Our freshly squeezed orange juice machine is always popular with our guests. I hope to see you back at Harington's Hotel again very soon. Thanks Peter