Bath YMCA
  • Room Service
US$ 186
US$ 167
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$ 110
US$ 106
  • Breakfast included
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$ 135
US$ 143
US$ 220
US$ 207
Agoda.com
All reviewssingle roombunk bedsgreat locationhour receptionbring earplugsplug socketscommunal areasyogurttrain stationa lot of noisebreakfast was includedyour luggagestayed here for two nightswould stay againcity centreno liftb bs
Reviewed 31 January 2012

we stayed at a twin room withonly two simple beds, shared bathroom.

this place is full of young kids and they run around all the time. very noisy.

the breaksfast is ok.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Bath YMCA provides excellent value accommodation at the heart of the city. The staff were friendly and helpful. My room was clean and most importantly the communal facilities were spotless. I was very comfortable in my single room, with bed, desk, wardrobe, drawers, chairs and sink. Continental breakfast was included in the room rate and in the evenings there was a microwave available. I really enjoyed my stay here and will definitely be back. Keep up the good work Bath YMCA.

Room Tip: You can use the in house Gym too for a small fee. Hot water available 24/7 from the machine in the restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank scienceladyuk
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here a couple of months back and it wasn't really up to standard.

When we arrived, everything was fine. The guy on the desk wasn't particularly charismatic, but he got the job done, gave us our keys and we were on our way.

Later that evening, we had a couple of friends who had arrived unexpectedly that evening and had nowhere to stay. We asked if they had a room and they abruptly turned them down without an ounce of sympathy. It's not their responsibility to house people who have nowhere to stay, but the man on the desk was rude and short with us. We offered for them to stay on our floor and have them pay the price we paid but they still turned them down.

Furthermore in the morning, they have a siren that goes off throughout the building reminding everyone to checkout before 10am. It's a horrible noise and I pity anyone who wasn't checking out that morning, as it sounded like a fire alarm! We also checked out LITERALLY, not joking, 1 minute past 10am, and as we were coming down to the desk, they called our names out on a giant intercom throughout the hostel to tell us to come down! Bizarre system and could be pretty embarrassing for some!!

Pretty unacceptable all round, although the room was clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachael K
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The YMCA at Bath is located in the heart of the city and is five minutes walk from shopping, main attractions and the best restaurants. The YMCA building is located in a courtyard which has a great sense of tranquility and very positive vibes. We loved sitting with coffee in the courtyard. Its like this hidden heaven in the middle of the city. The YMCA has a great cafeteria and the breakfast is included in the cost of room. The food was really good. We stayed in a private room which was the most expensive option there but still had no attached toilets. That was the only disappointment. This was my first stay in a YMCA but I loved to re-live the hostel life.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gazalvishy
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I have stayed at Bath YMCA before and it is perfect for a single traveller on a budget. Even very basic hotels in Bath can be quite expensive so this is a no frills but perfectly acceptable option. It is located in a peaceful courtyard across from the Hilton hotel and is only a 60 second walk to the main shopping streets. My single room cost me £35 per night and this included a continental breakfast. A hot breakfast could be purchased for about £2.50.

The spacious room had a single bed, a wardrobe, a writing desk and chair and a hand sink but was clean and peaceful. The YMCA only has shared wash room and bathroom facilities but they were clean and I never had to wait.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming and more efficient than some five star hotels I've stayed in. Free wifi is also available in the lobby area and there is even a health club if you want to avail of it.

This is not a hotel so do not stay here expecting a trouser press, a room service menu or even a tv in your room. It is not somewhere I would bring the wife for a weekend away but for the single traveller or a group of friends, you'll find it hard to beat the YMCA for value in Bath.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo