2,571 results
All reviewsbrasserie blancfeature roomqueen squarecar parklovely hotelsuperior roomafternoon teacentral locationclassic roomnespresso machineper nightthird floorbed was very comfortableroyal crescentmain attractionswithin easy walking distanceeggs benedict
Reviewed 13 December 2017

My family stayed here for one night to do some Christmas shopping. The reception rooms were pleasant, but both the lounge and restaurant were cold. The staff on check-in were helpful. Our room was fine - clean and everything we needed.

It seems unusual to give a 1 star rating based on this, but the service I received was condescending, patronising and plain appalling. When we checked out, I unfortunately left my charger and cables still plugged in, in the bedroom. I realised within about an hour and half, and rang to ask them to retrieve them for me. When I returned I was told that the charger was not in the room. When I pointed out that that was exactly where I left it, I was told that no one else had checked in to that room so it could not have been left there. I asked if the room had been cleaned, which it had. I asked if the cleaning staff could have taken it. Apparently not, as they had checked with housekeeping. This is nothing short of theft, that is being condoned by the management. Items left in rooms are not spoils for the cleaning staff. To just be fobbed off, and told that I was wrong, when I know full well I was not, is insulting.

I will certainly not be returning, nor recommending a hotel where the management apparently have no control over their staff and allow them to steal from their customers.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Tracey P
FrancisHotelBath, Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear Tracey P
Please let me offer my sincere apologies with regard to your lost charger and the way your concerns were handled. I was horrified to read of your experience and have opened an urgent investigation. To help me facilitate this, I was wondering if you would mind contacting me directly to discuss this further. I can be reached at the following email address : h6636-gm@accor.com
I'm really sorry that the loss of your charger has spoiled what appears to be an otherwise enjoyable visit, and i very much hope to speak to you soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 12 December 2017

This hotel had a comfortable bed and the staff was courteous. All requests made to the front desk were dealt with promptly and politely. The room had a slanted roof so the area next to the window didn't have much head room. However, this hotel is located near everything you could possibly wish to do with Bath so I would recommend!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear JennOI2
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Francis Hotel. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your trip to Bath and you found our location convenient to your needs. Your personal recommendation is most welcome as is your kind words about the team.

See you next time!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Fine hotel with highly efficient staff.
Food was good in restaurant and sensibly priced.
Great location for shopping or exploring Bath.
Good atmosphere.
I travel a lot home and abroad and this hotel has a number of good qualities for a relatively small establishment.
It comes with a high price tag which i think is justified for a treat at least.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Garry S
Thanks for posting a Trip Advisor review!.
I'm really pleased you enjoyed our hospitality and you found the hotels facilities to your satisfaction.
I completely agree. The Francis is perfectly positioned for exploring the beautiful city of Bath.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Fantastic location , excellent helpful staff, well appointed room with a shower which was not in the Bath an added benefit. Everywhere is within walking distance. Considering the is in a very old set of buildings the restoration has been excellent amongst the best hotels of its type in the UK.

Room Tip: Ask for a rroom with a separate shower to avoid having to hurdle the bath.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear 654AndyG
Thank you for sharing your thoughts following your recent trip to Bath. It was a pleasure to read your review and i'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Francis.
Thank you too for your kind words about our staff.

We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 8 December 2017

The hotel is very easy to access from the M4 and although there are double yellows outside it seems ok to off load your bags directly outside. The hotel will park your car (if there are spaces £15 a night). The rooms are spacious and quaint, the hotel is very close to the sights and shopping of the centre of Bath. Just a few minutes and your right there. The staff are friendly and not pushy. I would return for sur albeit a tad expensive

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ter F
FrancisHotelBath, Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Ter F,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I will pass your kind comments to the team, we are very proud of them.

We are very lucky with our position within the city, making it very easy to get our and explore this wonderful city.

During your stay our rates are at there peak, we would love to welcome you back and I recommend January, February, March and early November for our best rates.

We look forward to seeing you again

Kind regards